Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Will I win the lottery?

I don't do this often, but tonight I bought a lottery ticket. I heard that it's up to $355 million dollars so I thought that might come in handy. Driving home I thought about what could happen if I do win - life would definitely change! Sure money doesn't buy happiness, but $355 million could help, right?!

I got up earlier than usual today because I had a job to do. Back in December, I did "Kevin's Favorite Things" for my sisters, Christy and Cara. (If you want to check it out, the video is on my facebook page!) One of the things I gave them was 6 free house cleanings to be done by me over the course of this year. Well, Cara didn't waste anytime and redeemed one of her coupons for today ha! So I spent most of the day at her house doing some really good cleaning. I actually had fun because I had my iPod turned up and danced around her house while I cleaned - I wonder if the neighbors saw me? A clean house is definitely one of my favorite things - the only thing I had to remember was that this was not my house I was cleaning. I kept wanting to throw things away and rearrange stuff. Cara called me a couple of times tonight to ask me where things were ha!

The rest of the day was spent running errands, doing P90x, eating what I like to call "the perfect turkey sandwich," and watched a movie tonight. I love independent films and this was a good one with Natalie Portman called The Other Woman. And for those who might be wondering, yes, I do have a job but I don't start back until next week!

Well, I'm going to watch the news now and see if I'm the big winner. If I do win, I could afford to get Cara a housekeeper - she'd love that :) Hope everyone had a great day today!

Today I am grateful for: 1. Getting up early - I love early mornings 2. Dancing around while cleaning 3. A good conversation with a good friend 4. A really good focus time this morning on knowing what is eternal 5. That perfect turkey sandwich

2 comments:

  1. Details to this perfect turkey sandwich? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's not any "secret ingredient" but I use whole grain bread and toast it.. then add plenty of sliced turkey meat, chopped lettuce and tomatoes, mayonaisse, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese. For me, it's the toasted whole grain bread that really brings a great flavor :)

    ReplyDelete