Saturday, January 8, 2011

Staying on track...

I've already learned that when you have a routine going, getting off track a little bit can really get you off focus if you aren't careful. Even though it's still early in the year, I have a morning routine and a nightly routine that I've kept up with. Well, I got a little off track the other day (when I forgot to blog) and before I knew it - I was messing up everything (not sticking with other new year goals). It wasn't really anything wrong - but I had just lost focus. And yes, I know that sometimes life happens and breaks up our routine. When it does, we don't beat ourselves up about it. We just stay focused, regroup, and keep our eyes on the goal. It felt really good to get back on track today and stick with my goals.

This seems to be how the bigger picture of life works as well. We have dreams, we set goals, and we make plans. But life doesn't always happen the way we want it to. Things come at us that can easily get us off track. If we aren't careful, we can lose focus completely and stop living the life we were meant to live. However, what we should do when we start to lose focus - is stop, regroup, and get back to the life we were meant to live - the full and abundant life that God gives us. Don't feel defeated when we mess up - because it's going to happen. It's what we choose to do in that next step that's important.

It's day 8 of the new year and I'm still very excited about the direction my life is taking. I'm beginning each day with a great "focus time" that helps set the tone for the rest of the day and ending each day thinking about what I am grateful for. I'm also working hard to make progress with my goals I set for this year. I love the dreams that I believe God is giving me and I'm believing that they will come true! I hope this is an encouragement to any who read this. When life doesn't go exactly how you want it to - don't give in to believing it's a failure. Just start new the next day. That's a beautiful thing about each morning... it's a new day.

Today I am grateful for: 1. The snow falling this morning. 2. Having time to work on Pay It Forward 3. Talking with my best friend, Autumn. 4. My favorite Mexican food for dinner 5. Feeling good about life

No comments:

Post a Comment