Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Brand New Year!

So one of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog every day this year! It's quite a commitment, but something I've always wanted to do. It's a way for me to "put on paper" my thoughts on the day and keep track of how my year is doing. In making this commitment, I have also decided to allow myself to be very vulnerable as I blog. I consider myself to be a pretty open book to those that know me, but I plan on being very honest in my writings. Showing my strengths as well as my weaknesses. Giving my candid opinions and perspectives on life. My hope is that the reader would be encouraged, inspired, challenged - and some days we can both just laugh about what life brings. Yes, there will definitely be lots of laughter. So here is Day 1 of 365 blogs :)

I love January 1st. It's a new beginning, a chance to get rid of bad habits or negative experiences from the previous year and start anew. Over the past few years I have grown to love setting goals for each new year. For me, writing it down and staying focused on these goals really turns them into a reality. I have seen many goals accomplished in my life and it definitely encourages me to keep dreaming big! This year is no exception. I have some big goals for 2011 and I will be sharing them in the next couple of weeks. If you haven't already, I encourage you to write down some goals for this year - small things about yourself that you want to improve and big dreams that you have for life. It's so fun watching them come true.

I'm also a big believer in the power of gratitude. Every blog will end with 5 things I am thankful for about that day. I hope everyone has had a great first day of this new year! The unknown is very exciting and remember - the possibilities in life are endless!

Today I am grateful for: 1. A new year with a new beginning. 2. The delicious sandwich I made for lunch 3. Oprah's new network (OWN) starting today 4. Going for a run 5. Dove dark chocolate candy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment