Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, Day 2

Well, the 2nd day of the year didn't quite start off like I had planned. I attend Christ Church and really like it there. I haven't been in a couple of weeks due to the holidays and so I've been looking forward to starting off the year with a great service. I go to the 11am service and so I pulled into the parking lot around 10:50 and noticed there were lots of cars, but no one was walking around inside. I then figured out that they only had one service this morning at 10am so I was an hour late. I left and decided to visit a church that is right down the street from where I live. When I arrived, I saw that their services started at 10:15 and 12:15 so no luck there either. So if I couldn't go to church this morning, I decided to do the next best thing - I went to Target!!

After my retail worship service, I went and met my family for lunch. Trying to make healthy eating choices I had blackened Tilapia, broccoli, and steamed veggies (delicious!) It was great to all be together and for those who don't know - I have a new nephew, Wylie, who is 2 weeks old - so it's always great to see him! (I guarantee that you will hear lots about him and my niece, Martha Ann, in future blogs)

I have to be honest and say that the rest of the day was spent hanging out at home and not being too productive. I have this week off of work and have lots planned so I decided to just hang out before a busy week starts. Overall, it was a great 2nd day of the year!

Today, I am grateful for: 1. WayFM being my "church service" today 2. Lunch with my family 3. My nephew, Wylie 4. Brothers & Sisters starting back tonight 5. My very comfortable bed that I will be getting in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment