Sunday, January 23, 2011

A really good weekend...

This was a really good weekend.  I was able to spend time with friends and family and I enjoyed every minute of it! 

Saturday, I had lunch with a really good friend of mine, Lorelei.  I  haven't seen her in a really long time and so we went and ate at Panera Bread.  She has a 9 month old and it was great to see him too.  It was good to get caught up and we had a lot of laughs talking about things going on in our lives.  I had picked Panera Bread because when I was there on Friday I saw that they had a new salad that I wanted to try.  I definitely recommend their Thai Chopped Salad - very good!  After lunch I went to the movies with my friend Quincy.  We went and saw Country Strong.  I was really looking forward to seeing the movie - unfortunately, in my opinion, it didn't live up to the hype.  The music was really good and it was cool to see shots of downtown Nashville in the movie, but there were just a few moments that I was kinda ready to get the movie over with.  I think the words "lifetime movie" might have been used - although I've never actually seen a lifetime movie (honestly)! 

Today, I went to church which is always so good.  The music was incredible and I really do enjoy going there.  I keep saying that I want to visit a few other churches before I finally join somewhere - but I keep going to Christ Church so maybe that's where I'll stay.  If you are in Nashville and need a church to visit - it's a really great church!  I was reminded through one of the songs about all the things good and bad that have gone on in my life and how God as continually brought me through. 

After church, my sister Cara was coming over and we were both pretty excited about hanging out.  She works and goes to school and so I don't get to see her as much - so we made plans to just hang out and get caught up on some TV shows together.  When Cara and I get together - it's definitely going to be a lot of laughter and acting crazy!  Today was no exception ha!  (Ask her about her 80's aerobics class!)  We watched the Oprah Australian shows and talked about how we wished we were both there and probably would have acted crazy on national television!  Then we went and had Mexican food and had a really good conversation about things going on in our lives.  Cara definitely has a lot on her plate right now (in life - not at the restaurant) but she is doing a great job and I know that her hard work will continue to pay off and help make her life great!  We had originally talked about doing a P90X workout today - but quickly talked ourselves out of it and opted for Mexican food and watching TV on the couch instead haha!  We are both going to train for the 1/2 marathon in April so I'm sure you will hear about that as it gets closer.

It's been a great weekend and I look forward to a very productive day tomorrow!  Good night everyone!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Being able to hang out with some friends yesterday  2.  Great church service this morning  3.  Hanging out with Cara today  4.  Laughing really hard talking about 80's aerobics  5.  The blessings of friends and family

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog and admire the fact that you want to make a difference in life. We all need inspiration and modivation to better ourselves and make a difference. So far in the last 23 days of your blog, I have learned very little about the man behind the words. He has ambition, education and determination. He loves his family. He works out. He keeps a clean house and others benefit from that trait. He admires Oprah and benefits from her advice. He loves his church. He enjoys watching TV. And he lovvvessss to eat. May I offer a few suggestions? I want to push you a little to jumpstart those dreams. You have a lot of dedication to accomplishment much. But you seem stuck driving around the block instead of flying around the world! I want to hear about your ideas and goals. Do you volunteer in your church or community, tutor or work in a food bank? Small deeds accomplish so much. I'm going to push you to give me more than just talk!!!!! You have so much more to be thankful for than a Thai Salad. Keep it up! Signed, Reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous...
    Thanks so much for your comments! It's very encouraging to know that people do read this and are learning some about me - but maybe not enough about who I really am. I can definitely see how if you don't personally know me - I may not be presenting a full picture of who I am in this blog. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I can tell you that over the last few years I have accomplished much in life and there's lots that go on that I don't include in my blog - but definitely want to! I will keep all this in mind as I continue to blog - thanks again for giving me a very insightful reader's perspective!

    If you want to talk further, feel free to email me: kbuchanan01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I was meaning, from a reader's perspective! I do know you and your accomplishments, but from a reader's perspective learn little. You have a great gift in the creative language and I definitely don't.
    So hopefully my comments are taken strickly from an "armchair quarterback"!!!
    Don't mind sharing my idenity, but at the time being like being "anonymous"! Sounds so secretive. At least you know someone is reading your thoughts! Keep it up. Anonymous......

    ReplyDelete