Thursday, January 20, 2011

Making the most of it...

So weather plays a part in my job sometimes and I just found out that the next two days have been cancelled - and since we are always off on Sundays and Mondays - I have a 4 day weekend now!!  I would say that's pretty exciting, but I also feel a responsibility to really make the most of these next 4 days.  Why do I say that?  Because I could easily see myself taking a day or two (or 3 or 4) and sit around watching TV and being kinda lazy.  Laziness is not really a characteristic of mine - I'd much rather stay busy and productive most of the time - but with the weather, it's easy to lean more towards "the relaxing lifestyle." 

Earlier today I was thinking about some of my goals I made for 2011 and I really have a strong desire to make some progress in these areas.  So I am making a commitment in front of all who read this that I will use the next 4 days to really keep my goals on track and make some progress!  Of course I will take a little time to watch TV or a movie (and might even sleep in one day) but I'm also going to focus on being productive!  So feel free to keep me accountable on this and I will report in each night on my blog :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  A good work day  2.  Good thoughts on goals for the year  3.  The snow tonight 4.  Taco pizza for dinner  5.  A surprise 4-day weekend  

No comments:

Post a Comment