Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6 and I already missed a day...

Well, I already missed one day of blogging. I got in really late last night and was asleep before I blogged. I was a little disappointed to miss a day so early in the year (it's only day 6!) but I'm getting back to it tonight so here we go!

I want to introduce one of my goals for this year. It's an idea I've had for a long time, but am really determined to see it become a reality this year. I want to start a Pay It Forward event here in Nashville. The inspiration for this idea comes from two different things: 1. My dad's life - he knew it was much more rewarding to give than to receive and he always looked for ways to help others out. It was simply a part of his life and that has always motivated me to do the same. 2. My Oprah show experience. Being able to help a family on a grander scale was amazing and I've always wanted to do more of that.

So here's my plan: I'm sending out letters to a number of various media outlets in the area telling them of my idea. My hope is that they will get on board and help spread the word about Paying It Forward. From there the plan is to do an event once a month. It would target a person, family, or group of people who really deserve something great in their lives. There are many opportunities to help people in need or doing something nice for those already making a difference. My desire is that it would grow each month and each time it would be a new surprise for someone! At the end of the year, there would be a Pay It Forward Christmas event and really do something big for a group of very deserving people. I believe that getting the media involved would help not only get the word out but also build excitement for each event and help get area businesses involved as well!

I'm going to mail the letters out tomorrow and see what kind of response I get. I really believe that this could be an amazing thing for Nashville and a way to unite a lot of people who might share the same goals and desires for making the world a better place. When I had the chance to do this for the Oprah show, it was a lot of work - and I know that this would take even more work, but I'm ready and know that the results would definitely be worth all the time and energy put into it. It's exciting to think about it!!

That was pretty much what I worked on today. I didn't sleep much last night because of some crazy scary dreams I had so I'll probably be going to bed earlier tonight - and hopefully will only have sweet dreams tonight. I'm not sure what happened, but it was those dreams where you wake up and you are scared to even move - there's many times that I wish I had my own reality show and I'm sure watching me last night would have been really funny haha!

Oh, and for those that read the previous blog - No, I didn't win the lottery. I did see where most of the numbers were the same from "Lost." I don't know why I didn't think to play those numbers! Oh well, I helped someone else get rich for now :)

Today I am thankful for: 1. Finally getting through my scary night. 2. A hilarious video that Christy sent me of Martha Ann singing and dancing. 3. Dreaming up ideas for Pay It Forward. 4. My Blue Coast Burrito dinner 5. Focus time talking about living life with the eternal in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment