Wednesday, January 19, 2011

But the greatest of these...

I hope everyone has had a great day today!  I just got done watching Day 2 of Oprah's Australian Adventure!  Those people really did get a trip of a lifetime - I have to admit it makes me mad that I didn't write in to be an Ultimate Viewer.  It's still really fun to see what all that audience got to do!!  Maybe one day I can go to Australia myself - and take a few people with me - but I won't be able to pay for it haha!

This morning during my focus time, I read about the characteristic of love and how this really is what life is all about.  It talked about how when we reach the end of our life, we will not want to be surrounded with our accomplishments or things.  We will want to be surrounded by those we truly love.  So if this is what's most important at the end of our life - shouldn't it be what we put the most energy and focus into during the course of our lives? 

I do consider myself very fortunate to have such great people in my life.  I have awesome friends and we all know how much I love my family.  My intention for desiring a bigger life is to provide more opportunities and a full life for each of them.  I never feel like I do enough, but I am thankful for so many great experiences I've  had with family and friends. 

My challenge for everyone would be to look at what is most important in your life.  Is it your career, the pursuit of money, fleeting moments, or is it to love those people in your life that are there for a reason.  I believe that everything has its place and there's nothing wrong with careers or material things - but I think it's remembering what really counts in life.  Love is such a powerful force and it is truly what will matter in the end. 

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Focus time this morning  2.  Those that I love  3.  Fun times with my customers  4.  Good conversation with a friend  5.  Laughing so hard watching my Wednesday night shows

No comments:

Post a Comment