Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Standing On The Edge...

I feel like now is a great time for me to start writing another book.  I have spent the last few weeks and months wanting to be inspired as to what to write about.  One day I would like to attempt to write a novel, but for now there is no motivation to do so.  Instead, I am convinced that I should write about what is most on my mind these days and what I am constantly learning in my own life.  A couple of weeks ago while at church, the pastor mentioned the phrase - Standing on the Edge.  When he said that, it was like a light bulb went off because I knew that I should consider this as a title for my next book.  I immediately wrote the phrase down and began thinking about that idea.  It would encompass the concept of truly living life to the fullest and what holds us back from actually living the life of our dreams.  I know that it is something that I am passionate about and have so many opinions, thoughts, and ideas that I do not think it would be hard to write an entire book on this subject.  The topic may not be original but I believe that I can infuse stories from my own life and lessons I have learned to give it a unique twist. 

I began working on an outline for the book and I came up with topics such as:  Defining your life's purpose, the idea of surrender and giving up control, the laws of attraction, motivations in life, living the life of our dreams, the power of gratitude, and learning from others.  For those of you that have read, The Journey, it would be expanding somewhat on the last chapter of the book.  It is actually one of my favorite chapters and talks about making the most of each day, being grateful, and living out our faith.  My intention for writing this new book would be to encourage, challenge, and motivate others but I also believe that the process of writing on this topic would keep my own life in check and keep me focused on my goals and living out my own life's purpose. 

I am definitely in the very beginning stages of this so we will see where it takes me but I am excited about beginning a new project and being able to do something that I love - writing! 

Update:  It has been 17 days on my healthy eating month and there are a couple of observations I would like to make.  1.  I have lost weight in the process, which was not my intention (except a flatter stomach is nice!) - so I am going to have to make sure that I still get enough food in each day.  2.  Out of everything, I am craving 2 things more than anything else:  chocolate and chips & salsa.  I do think about them constantly but I am determined to make it for the next 14 days without giving in. 

Today I am grateful for:  1.  The gift of today  2.  A great phone call last night with lots of laughter  3.  Finding inspiration to write  4.  Mom and Woody leaving today on the trip of a lifetime - Hawaii!  5.  Only 14 more days until I can eat chocolate again!

No comments:

Post a Comment