Friday, May 27, 2011

Meant for More....

Yesterday was a really good day.  I began my day with a meaningful focus time.  I sat on my front porch and read scripture from Acts and spent some time in prayer and meditation.  Instead of asking God for this and that and presenting my problems I chose to just focus on what I was grateful for.  I thanked Him for all that He has done in my life and all that He will continue to do.  One of my favorite scriptures came to mind - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; to give you a hope and a future.  I have claimed that verse many times in my life and have seen it proven over and over again.  There is something about being outside and spending a focused amount of time alone that really starts your day off right.  In those moments, there was a quietness in my soul as well as a strong motivation to be open to the possibilities. 

I love the life that I have been given and could write pages and pages about the amazing experiences I have had so far and the incredible people that are in my life.  However, I strongly believe that my life is meant for much more.  I desire to be used to really make a big difference in the world and some days I feel like I am standing on the edge of seeing that happen.  Yes, part of this comes from watching Oprah's final show the other day.  She allowed herself to be open to the possibilities and look at how she has made an impact around the world!  It takes a lot of hard work and a strong vision for what is to come.  The best part of that to me is that we can really only plan so much when it comes to our life.  As we leave room for possibilities and allow things to happen organically, our journey can take us to places we never thought would happen.  We all have our place in the world and we are not all called to make an "Oprah impact" but I do believe that my calling in life is meant for more than what I am doing now.  It does cause a restlessness inside me but also a strong motivation to keep going.  What I have been reminded of the last couple of mornings is that I do not want to waste any more time or just keep talking about making a difference.  Each and every day I should put action to those desires.  My goal today is to spend a lot of time working on my new book.  I just want to sit down and start writing and see where it takes me.  I do believe that writing this book is the next step in my journey. 

One thing I do know is that each of us have a purpose in life and when we realize what that is, we can experience a deeper, more meaningful life.  No one should settle for anything less. 

Today I am grateful for:  1.  A great focus time this morning  2.  Running 3 miles yesterday  3.  A productive day off  4.  Being more focused on my calling in life  5.  The chance to work on my book today

No comments:

Post a Comment