Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today's blog is dedicated to one very important lady in my life - my mom!  Today is her birthday and Sunday is Mother's Day so it is an entire weekend of celebrating her and what she means to so many people. 

My mom is by far one of the most amazing women that I know.  She has always had many roles in life and has found a way to balance each one perfectly.  Of course my sisters and I are very thankful to call her Mom - but there are also many other people that call her Mom or Momma or Momma B!  One thing about Mom is that she has a heart for people and always wants the best for everyone in her life.  I know that my sisters and I keep her phone ringing enough with our questions, problems, and need for encouragement - but I also hear stories of her helping many others in their lives, praying with people, and being a listening ear.  I can look back at the thirty-five years I have been around and clearly see how Mom is a constant figure that has encouraged me, listened to me, helped me, and inspired me to look outside of myself and find ways to make a difference in other people's lives.  She has had her share of ups and downs in life but through it all she has always shown such grace and strength.  Her faith in God is the foundation of her life and it is beautifully personified in how she lives each day. 

Mom is also one who likes to have a good time, laugh a lot, and be crazy with her friends.  Whether it's eating at her favorite Mexican restaurant, going country line-dancing, or riding around in her new Camaro - you can bet that she is loving every minute of it and her energy is contagious to those around her.  Another one of her loves is her grandchildren.  Yes, she loves her children but I would dare say that if I walked through the door with Martha Ann and Wylie - I don't think I would be the first person that she went to!  She fulfills her role well by spoiling them with gifts, giving them treats they probably aren't supposed to have, and making each one of them feel as if they are the only one in the room. 

Today is your day Mom... and Sunday is your day, too... and we will just say Saturday is as well so that it is an entire weekend devoted to you!  Thanks for all the ways you have helped me become the person I am today.  Even as an adult there are many times I need your help and you are always there without hesitation.  You definitely make the world a better place and I am so grateful to call you Mom.

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day!!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  All the things Mom has taught me about life  2.  Her unconditional love  3.  Her strong example of grace and strength  4.  Mom's love for life  5.  A weekend to celebrate Mom and all that she means to so many people

No comments:

Post a Comment