Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life is about Perspective - and mine has been a little off track...

I made a commitment to be honest and vulnerable in my writings and I want to admit that I have felt a little off recently.  I strive to live my life every day with a driven purpose to succeed and make the most of that day.  I let myself get distracted and have felt like I was not quite "in the zone."  There are a few factors that could have contributed to this.  It could be that I have not been running or exercising like I should.  It could be that I have not started my day with a focus time in quite awhile.  It could be that I have let petty circumstances rule my thoughts instead of remembering the bigger picture.  At times I have let worry get the best of me instead of trusting in the answer.  Maybe the fact that I have been off chocolate and Mexican food (and all things unhealthy) for almost a month has something to do with it.  It also could be that the Oprah show is ending today and it is really affecting me... seriously, I am not looking forward to it!  Even as I write all of this down I can see how off track I have really let myself get - I kinda want to slap myself actually.  But I guess it is true what they say - the first step is admitting that you have a problem.  So in front of all of my blog readers (the thousands... well hundreds.. well...) I will admit that I need to get back on track and get back to the kind of life I was meant to live! 

So I will get back to a more productive, more focused morning routine.  I will spend less time worrying and more time finding solutions.  I will also focus on what is good in my life and remembering how grateful I truly am for the life I get to live each day.  I also think that getting chocolate and Mexican food back into my life next week will help too :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Learning life as I go  2.  Motivation to do better  3.  Pics of Martha Ann & Wylie that made my day yesterday  4.  A good work day  5.  Hopefully getting through the last Oprah show today

No comments:

Post a Comment