Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthdays and great music....

Today's blog might be brief because I'm pretty sleepy.  I drove to Chattanooga today for work - will be here the rest of the week.  I worked all day and just checked into my hotel (Comfort Suites) but it's not as nice as what I expected.  I admit that I am a little picky when it comes to hotels so I am thinking about moving to a different hotel tomorrow since I will be here all week.  It's not bad here but I've stayed in better so we will see what I feel like doing tomorrow. 

Today is my sister, Christy's birthday... well, sort of!  She was born on February 29th so she only has a real birthday every four years and this year is not one of them.  However, she does make the most of it and celebrates for 2 days!  Being a mother of two, I believe that most of her day was spent taking care of the babies and possibly doing some grocery shopping (woohoo!) but I know she received a lot of great messages on facebook and a great gift from her husband.  With all that she does on a daily basis, she deserves a great birthday for sure!  I won't say much more because my other sister, Cara, is still waiting on a blog dedicated to her haha!  So Happy Birthday to Christy - I do hope you had a great day and thanks for making the world a better place to so many people! 

The other thing I have to mention is the new CD I bought.  Adele 21 is by far the best CD I have bought in a long time!  I have been anticipating this album ever since I first heard the song, Rolling in the Deep.  It's amazing that she is only 21 (hence the title of the CD) and is such a talented writer.  The theme of the CD comes from a break-up and these songs definitely put that guy (whoever he is) in his place.  There is also a lot of vulnerability in her lyrics - it's so so so good!  She is coming to Nashville in June and I really hate that I did not get tickets -  I know it's going to be a great show!  If you do not have this album - GET IT!!

One more thing and then I am off to bed.  I heard back from the publisher who looked over my book.  He really liked it but expressed some concern about it being relatable for mass distribution.  I do agree with the things that he said and would like to seek out other opinions before deciding how to pursue this goal. 

Today was a really good day and not it's time to go to sleep  - Good night!

Today, I am grateful for:  1.  Christy's birthday - so thankful she is my sister!  2.  Safe travels  3.  Great weather today  4.  How music puts me in such a great mood  5.  Continuing my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment