Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ready for my EXTREME week!

It's been 5 days since I posted anything - that's no good!  I can say that the past few days have not been the best work days for me and I usually got home close to midnight so there was not much time for blogging.  However, that was then and this is now and I am really excited about this upcoming week!  I have this week off from work, so I have decided to make the most of it and do my EXTREME week.  The goal is to have one of the most disciplined, productive, and fun weeks I have had in a long time.  I plan on making very conscious decisions each day in living out my best life.  Of course, we should all do this every day - but I have an opportunity this week to be more focused and determined in this. 

I made out my list today of all the things I want to get done this week and here are some of those:  Having a quality focus time each morning that includes Scripture reading, prayer, and mediation;  daily exercise that includes running and P90X; eating very healthy and drinking mainly water; a very thorough house cleaning; going to Jackson to see friends and family; working on plans for a new book; and lots of other things.  I will definitely blog every night so I will be sharing what all gets done as well as talking about some deeper topics that I have wanted to discuss. 

As part of this week, I am giving up sweet tea, cokes, and junk food.  So tonight on my way home, I thought I would stop by McDonald's and get one last coke (they have the best coke for some reason).  I only planned on getting a drink, but when I pulled up to the drive-thru and they asked for my order I said, "Yes, I'll take a Big Mac meal with a large coke!"  I immediately was like - Why did I order all that?  I was just going to get a coke!  So I tormented my body with bad food one last time tonight before going extremely healthy this week. 

I know that my situation right now lends to it being easier to do all of this.  I am off work this week, I am single, and I do not have children to run around and take care of.  But my motive is simply to become closer to living out my best life.  I hope that all of us can find ways that we can improve and refine our lives - even in the craziness of our day to day schedules.  It definitely happens one decision at a time.   

I better get some sleep so that I can get up early and go for my long run to help get my day started off right - here's to an EXTREME week!!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Finishing the Purpose Driven Life book  2.  Enjoying a relaxing afternoon and watching a movie (127 Hours - very good)  3.  Great conversation with a friend last night about pursuing dreams  4.  Preparing and motivating for extreme week  5.  Seeing other people living their best lives

No comments:

Post a Comment