Friday, March 4, 2011

Boredom is never a good thing for me....

Tomorrow I am leaving to head back home to Nashville.  I have to say that I really like Chattanooga.  It has been a long time since I have been here and I am really in love with the downtown area.  I have eaten lunch everyday downtown and been able to do one of my favorite things - people watch!  I love seeing people live out their lives each day and the hilarious things that people do - not knowing people are watching.  Of course the absolutely beautiful weather has made for a great week as well! 

It's not often that I get bored, but tonight, work was really slow and I did enter that great state of boredom and of course my mind starts coming up with new ideas.  I was thinking about how I really want to stay focused in life and continue to improve in a few areas of life.  So I have decided that I am going to have what I call - an EXTREME week!  It will not start next week but possibly the following week.  During this week, I am going to go to the extreme and make sure that every decision I make centers around goals that I have and making progress in those areas.  This includes healthy eating, exercise, focus times, gratefulness, 2011 goals, hanging out with family and friends, and other things that really allow me to make the most of each day.  An example would be - everything I eat for that week would be the healthiest choices and daily exercise would be taken to the next level.  It would also be a test of true discipline and avoiding distractions in life.  That week would probably include a lot of blogging and facebook posts as well.  More to come on this, but just want you to know what I mean if I mention my EXTREME week! 

Well, it's midnight here and I need to get some sleep before getting up early for work tomorrow.  Good night everyone and hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Experiencing downtown Chattanooga  2.  Another beautiful day  3.  Delicious lunch at Panera Bread  4.  An interesting and fun conversation with two grandmas about the "good ole days"  5.  Great friends in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment