Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Creating a Vision Board...

I have always wanted to create a vision board since I first heard of the idea.  I have always written out my goals because I believe that seeing it in writing helps me to commit to it.  It also serves as a reminder to what I should be focusing my energy on.  A vision board is a more creative way of doing this.  Making a vision board could come in a variety of ways, but mine is simple.  I bought a foam board from WalMart and printed out pictures that coincided with goals I set for this year.  I taped the pictures onto the board and put it on my kitchen desk so that I see it every day.  Right now there is a picture of the blogging logo, YouTube logo, "13.1" for the 1/2 marathon, dollar signs for financial freedom, a picture of a road trip, Pay It Forward sign, a picture of my book, and a picture of Oprah (no comments needed friends).  I plan on adding more to it as time goes on.  I love having it and seeing it everyday!  It is such a visual reminder to me of what I want to accomplish.  It keeps those thoughts in the forefront of my mind and I also believe that it helps to attract the end result into my life.  (The laws of attraction are something I will talk about later - but definitely believe in).  I encourage everyone to at least write out their goals in life but you might think about creating a vision board.  You can do it for just a few dollars and I would be willing to bet that it will help your goals become a reality!  I will try to post a pic of mine in the next few days....

So I have a few days off next week from work and I have decided that it is the perfect time for me to do my EXTREME week!  I am getting very excited about it and my hope is that it will be the most productive, disciplined, and focused week I have had in a long time.  I am making out my list of things I want to get done and I will be sharing those soon.  I know I have some crazy ideas at times - one of my friends already told me how I am always coming up with something crazy and weird to do - but I love this kind of stuff and I am very curious to see how the week turns out. 

Oh, one other thing.  My week off from sweets ended yesterday and last night I decided to reward myself.  There is a great cupcake place in my neighborhood so I went and got two chocolate cupcakes for myself.  I went home, got a glass of milk, and when I bit into the cupcake.... oh my goodness, it was like I was tasting chocolate for the first time!  I know it had only been a week, but let's just say I was one happy guy with my cupcake (I only ate one last night) and milk!  Absence really does make the heart grow fonder :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  My focus time this morning about living out our life's mission  2.  Talking to a friend I haven't heard from in awhile  3.  A good work day  4.  Finding a great new blog to read  5.  Enjoying that 2nd cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment