Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's always good to come home...

Tonight I am in my hometown of Jackson, Tennessee.  After thinking about it, I realized that it has been almost ten months since I've visited - which according to my mom is way too long!  I guess it is bad since I only live two hours away.  So I have been looking forward to today and getting to see a lot of friends I have not seen in almost a year as well as hang out at Mom's house.  I definitely could not ask for a better day to drive and hang out - 75 degrees and lots of sunshine!  The windows down and Adele playing on the radio - I love it!

I went and saw my best friend at her salon (she introduced me to some new healthy chips from Target - they are delicious!) and then went and had lunch with one group of friends, went and visited a few others, and then had dinner with another group of friends.  It was great catching up with everyone and hearing about what is going on in their lives.  I really miss all of them but I am so happy that they are all doing great and whenever we get together, it is always the same - lots of stories, lots of laughter, and a few glances from others because we are possibly being a little too loud!  I do consider myself very blessed with great friends and am thankful for each one of them.  They are the ones who love me for the good and the bad.  When I am being weird at times, they just keep on loving me and at times help put me back in my place - that's real friendship. 

I do have a confession to make on the healthy eating part of my extreme week.  I did really good at lunch today by having a salad but we went to Chili's for dinner and I had the chips and salsa with the chicken tacos for my meal.  That is not just horrible I guess but then.... after we left.... I made one of my friends go back in and have the chocolate chip paradise pie with me!  Correction - she made me go back in and have dessert!  We did it as a tradition of ours, and yes Natalie - I am calling you out by name and placing all the blame on you!!  But I have to admit that those moments of eating that dessert were simply divine.  It is one of my all time favorite desserts and I just could not leave Jackson without carrying on that tradition... right? 

My sisters and little nephew Wylie are here at Mom's house as well.  And no, Christy did not leave Martha Ann at home - she is spending the night with her Nana tonight.  So we had a lot of fun being together and playing with Wylie and talking and laughing.  (There is a lot of laughter in my life).  Everyone has gone to bed and I am about to head there myself.  This week of extreme plans definitely has me more sleepy at night, but it is worth it.  It has been a great week and it is not over with yet! 

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Beautiful weather today  2.  The chance to see close friends who are such an important part of my life  3.  Seeing such a positive change in one of my friends and knowing she is so happy and it's so deserved  4.  Being at Mom's and hanging out with everyone  5.  Being reminded of how people play such a key role in making life so full - and my life is definitely very enriched because of them

No comments:

Post a Comment