Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Extreme Week - Day 2

Today has been another really great day.  I still did not wake up as early as I wanted, but it was earlier than yesterday so we will count that as progress!  I went out and ran my scheduled 3 miles, had my focus time, and worked on part 2 of cleaning my house - the bathrooms.  I then got ready and ran a few errands that needed to be done and met my sister, Cara, for lunch.  We ate at Logan's and I had a grilled shrimp salad that was delicious and healthy.  When the waiter brought out our basket of bread I immediately asked him to take it away.  He gave us a weird look and Cara went on to explain that she didn't eat bread and I was eating healthy this week and could not have the bread.  Lunch was great and as usual, there was a lot of laughing between the two of us!  We covered a variety of topics and somehow in the midst of our conversation, I agreed to visit an art museum with Cara tomorrow and help her write a paper. 

After lunch I did a some shopping and came home to attempt something I have not done in almost a month...the dreaded P90X!  I got out of the habit for a few reasons, but mainly I will be honest and say it is just as not as fun as going to the gym.  However I really want to improve my physique so I will suffer through the DVDs for now.  Any of you that have done P90X know that it is insane and it will often bring you to the point of death and then push you a little more.  It is definitely a great workout though so today I started back and hope to stay consistent with it.  After recovering from the cardio workout, I worked on some emails that needed to get done, then dinner (Chipotle, which is a great Mexican grill restaurant that emphasizes healthy eating) and now watching TV and getting ready for bed. 

It was another productive, disciplined, and good day.  I know that the best parts of this week are still to come so that's exciting.  I can tell that there are parts of this week that I will want to continue as much as I can but I will admit that it's only day 2 and I am craving chocolate!  I will make it to the end of the week and then maybe reward myself with a chocolate cupcake :) 

I do want to present a challenge to everyone who reads this.  I always end my blogs with the 5 things I am grateful for that day.  Sometimes they are big things and sometimes small moments in my day - but I can promise that it helps keep life in perspective.  Focusing on being grateful will bring about more things to be grateful for.  I do believe that what we focus on produces more of that in our lives so if we focus on the good - then more good will happen.  I like writing it down but even if you don't write it - at least think about what you are thankful for that happened that day.  It does not take long to do, but it will make lasting impacts on your life. 

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Running 3 miles  2.  Lunch with Cara  3.  Chipotle dinner  4.  Surviving P90X  5.  The opportunity to mark some things off my to-do list

No comments:

Post a Comment