Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Someone turned "2" today :)

That's right - today is Martha Ann's birthday!  I can't believe she is already 2 - time goes by fast for sure.  Today is one of those days where I wasn't a fan of working out of town because I had to miss her birthday party, but I promised her that we would have our own party when I get back - complete with Chick-fil-A and presents!  I love being an uncle and I am definitely grateful for Martha Ann (and Wylie) and how much joy, excitement and laughter she brings to our lives.  Of course, I think she is the cutest 2 year old ever and she has some of the funniest facial expressions that keeps me laughing!  Her favorite thing to do is dance and no matter what is happening, if music starts playing, she stops whatever she is doing and bust a move!  I admit that she has some really good moves, too - not sure where she gets that from haha!  One thing I love is thinking about how her world is full of possibilities and there are no limits to what she could accomplish in life.  My prayer for her would be that her innate love for life would continue to grow and that she would truly experience the life of her dreams that God has had planned for her even before she was born.  I plan on putting pictures on my blog soon - but for now, feel free to check out my facebook page for great pics!

I also want to talk for a minute about refining my goals.  I had two different people share an article with me about a woman who has always wanted to be a writer and after having no luck with publishers she began selling her writings as ebooks.  She had great success and has now been able to quit her job and become a full-time writer.  I honestly had no idea that this was a way for unknown authors to get their work out there.  I am researching this over the next few days and would really like to try it out.  I am also convinced that I should start work on a second book.  I have not decided on a definite topic but I love the process of writing so much that I want to take on a new project.  It is exciting to find new ways to pursue this goal and to dream about the possibilities.

Oh, and on Monday I decided to give up sweets for a week.  It is now Wednesday and I am craving chocolate so bad that I am wondering if I am a "chocoholic" who is already going through withdrawals!  To make it worse, the church I worked at tonight had homemade cupcakes with chocolate icing!  I saw them in the kitchen but knew they were for other people so I wasn't too worried.  Well, this really nice lady brought some over and offered them to me.  I politely said "No, thank you" but inside I wanted to take the entire tray and run -they looked so good!  I will definitely keep this commitment I made and then reward myself on Monday :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Martha Ann and how she makes all of our lives better  2.  New ideas with writing  3.  Beautiful warm weather  4.  Hanging out in downtown Chattanooga  5.  Saying "no" to the cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment