Monday, March 7, 2011

The life of our dreams...

What does it really mean to live the life of your dreams?  Today I was reminded of a truth that I have said many times before but can easily forget.  That truth is about living in the now and realizing what is truly good in your present life.  I am the type of person who dreams big, sets high goals, and truly wants to experience the best life I possibly can.  For one who constantly wants more out of life, it is very easy to lose perspective and forget that my best life can be happening now.  Today was one of those days that is a part of my best life - family.

Since I did not get to see Martha Ann for her birthday, I went and saw her today.  Christy needed to run some errands so she and Wylie did that while Martha Ann and myself had our own "fun day."  We went to Chick fil A to celebrate her birthday and then went to Target to walk around for awhile.  These are definitely two of our favorite places and we had the best time!  She was so cute walking around Target with her backpack on and her Chick fil A balloon tied to it.  Some people told me how cute "my daughter" was and I simply said... yes, she is!  I know I have said it before, but I really love how we are getting to be good buddies now.  She makes me laugh so hard and can be so loving.  We played with a lot of toys in Target and walked around so much that by the time we drove out of the parking lot, she was passed out in her car seat. 

As I drove home, I thought about how blessed I am with such a great family.  I actually talked with each of them today and had great conversations as well.  There is really nothing more I would have rather done today and those moments are definitely part of living the life of my dreams.  I am a firm believer in setting goals and constantly pushing myself to dream big - but as I work towards that I also need to take a moment and remember all the good things that are in my life right now.  Realizing that a lot of the best things in life are small moments that happen during our day, making a difference in the life of one person, and going to sleep at night knowing that it has been a great day! 

I am thankful for the life I have and although there is still so much I want to accomplish in life, I know that even now I am living the life of my dreams :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Spending the day with Martha Ann  2.  Good conversation with Christy about things we believe.  3.  Laughing really hard with Cara on the phone  4.  Getting caught up with Mom today  5.  Knowing that today was a really great day

No comments:

Post a Comment