Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the Oscar goes to....

I always like watching the Oscars and this year is no exception!  I'm excited to see how Anne Hathaway and James Franco do -the commercials have been hilarious - especially the wardrobe malfunction one haha!  I definitely have my favorite movies and so I thought I would do my own Oscar predictions and see how close I get:

Best Picture:  Unfortunately, I haven't seen every movie nominated (I normally do) but I do think it's either going to be between The King's Speech or The Social Network.  I loved The Social Network and it did get the Golden Globe, but there's been lots of talk about The King's Speech (which I haven't seen).  I would love it if The Social Network wins, but my prediction is that The King's Speech will get the Oscar.

Actor in a Leading Role:  I believe that Colin Firth will win for The King's Speech.  I thought all of the actors did a great job in each of the movies nominated but I would be surprised if Colin Firth did not win. 

Actor in a Supporting Role:  Geoffrey Rush will win for The King's Speech.  I really wish I had seen this movie before tonight ugh! 

Actress in a Leading Role:  Natalie Portman was really amazing in Black Swan and I'm sure she will win the Oscar.  Part of me wishes that Jennifer Lawrence would win for Winter's Bone because it was such a great movie and she did a really good job as well. 

Actress in a Supporting Role:   I am going to go out and say that Hailee Steinfeld will win this for True Grit.  It might come as a surprise if she wins, but I think it would be great because she is so young and this was her first big role. 

Animated Feature FilmToy Story 3 will win!  It was such a good way to end the movie franchise and I know I am not the only one who got teary eyed at the end! Or am I...

Writing:  Aaron Sorkin will for sure take home the Oscar for The Social Network.  The movie was so good and the writing was brilliant!

Music (Original Song):  It will be between Country Strong and We Belong Together.  Honestly, I am not sure which one will win, but to make a prediction, I will say We Belong Together

There are many other categories, but these are the ones I feel informed enough to make a prediction about.  I do have to say that my favorite movie of last year was The Social Network but I also really enjoyed Inception (even though I didn't fully understand it) and Winter's Bone.  There's really not one on the list that I didn't like and hopefully I will be able to see the full list over the next couple of weeks. 

Enjoy the Oscars tonight!  Oh yeah, and guess who one of the presenters will be?  You'll know who I am talking about as soon as she walks out on stage :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Great church service this morning  2.  A lady who spoke about living financially free at church today.  3.  Running 4 miles   4.  Beautiful weather (before the storms hit tonight)  5.  Hanging with friends tonight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment