Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The love of God...

One of my favorite CD's right now is Passion: Awakening.  It's a great worship CD and I usually start my day off listening to it.  One of the songs is by David Crowder entitled, How He Loves.  I think the lyrics are so descriptive, visual, and profound.  The love between two people is deep, but for those who believe in God, you know that the love between us and our Creator is really deeper than words can express.  I love how this song captures that and I wanted to share the lyrics with each of you: 

He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane, I am a tree


Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.


When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory


And I realize just how beautiful You are, and how great Your affections are for me.




And oh, how He loves us so,


Oh how He loves us,


How He loves us all




We are His portion and He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes


If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.


And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest


I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way He loves us.


Today I am grateful for:  1.  Waking up in a really good mood  2.  Lots of laughter this morning  3.  A $500 gift card for customer service scores last quarter  4.  Enjoying interactions with customers at work  5.  The love of God

1 comment: