Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few random thoughts...

I really just have a few random thoughts to share tonight -

The last two days have consisted of 2 main events for me:  Work and TV.  I had quite a few shows to catch up on, so I spent the last two mornings cleaning out my DVR.  I have to say the favorites I've watched recently would be Modern Family (the funniest show on TV!), Who Do You Think You Are (I really want to trace my family history every time I watch this show), and Our America (a show on OWN where Lisa Ling explores fascinating and controversial people in America).  I am a self-proclaimed lover of TV shows and make no apology for it.  Maybe one day I will list all the shows I keep up with during the year - it's a little overwhelming at times.  Work has also kept me busy the last couple of days.  Yesterday, I went to the wrong church... in the wrong town!  It wasn't the best way to start my day but I did finally make it to the right place and made the most of it.

I would also like to say that today is my best friend's birthday!  Her name is Autumn and we've been best friends for about six years now.  Since we live in separate cities, we don't get to see each other enough but she truly is my best friend and I'm very thankful that she is in my life.  She owns her own salon in Jackson (any Jackson residents should go to Bliss - it's the best!) and her cutting my hair is actually how we met.  I could tell stories of the time she died my hair blond... it looked awful... or the time she messed up waxing my eyebrows and I ended up with little scabs and lots of tears and choice words!  But besides that, she is the best and definitely fulfills the role of best friend by telling me what I need to hear.  She is a wife and mother and does a great job at both.  Happy Birthday Autumn!!

I wanted to also give an update on the book publishing project.  Because of some great friends, I now have 3 different contacts in the publishing world and I will be sending them emails tomorrow to see what advice, information, or possible help they could give!  I am still writing in to Oprah everyday as well so hope to have some good news on this soon!

I also started yesterday training for the 1/2 marathon.  The race is in April and so I will be training over the next couple of months to prepare.  I ran my 3 miles yesterday and will do it again tomorrow morning. 

Hope everyone has had a great day!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Starting my training for 1/2 marathon  2.  Great focus time this morning  3.  My best friend, Autumn  4.  Progress being made on the book  5.  Lots of laughter tonight   

No comments:

Post a Comment