Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is it bad that I'm a little disappointed?

Tonight, severe storms came through Tennessee.  The news had talked about it all day.  They would interrupt programming to say where it was and how bad it was going to get.  I kept seeing posts on facebook about how bad it was and I knew it was heading our way.  I was prepared with my tennis shoes and flashlight.  I had almost eaten an entire can of Pringles watching the weather report.  I guess I thought I needed to fill up on food in case I was stranded after the storm.  I was supposed to go to the movies tonight to see 127 Hours but we decided to not go because of the weather which I was disappointed in but didn't really want to drive in the bad weather.  Then the time came.  There was a flash of lightning and the power went out for a minute.  I did jump a little when that happened (possibly a slight scream) but was ready for the big storm.  I waited.... and waited... and waited a little bit longer.  The news was reporting of a possible tornado touchdown at a mall that is only a couple miles from my house.  I saw on facebook that a friend posted her fence was blown away and she only lives a couple of miles from my house as well.  I kept looking outside and wondering where the storm was.  After awhile, the news said that the worst of it was over and I barely saw any wind.  I am not making light of the fact that it did get bad in some places and of course, I pray that no one was hurt tonight - but I was a little disappointed that my neighborhood saw nothing.  Oh well, I should probably be thankful instead of let down, right?  My sister, Cara shares this "weird thinking" with me and she sent me a text tonight to tell me she was a little disappointed as well haha! 

I do have to give a shout-out to my sister, Christy.  I called her today to "rant and rave" about a frustration I was having.  She, of course, listened and sympathized with me.  The way I work is this - if I get really frustrated about something, I have a "Kevin moment" where I either vent my frustration to myself or to the unlucky person that is nearby and then after a little while, I'm over it and work on making the most of that moment.  (Some of you are familiar with this).  So, today Christy was that unlucky person - and I am thankful that she listened and let me vent.  Afterwards I went for my 3-mile run and as usual, things were better afterwards.

Oh, I heard from one of my publishing contacts today and I am sending in a copy of my book so we will see how that goes!  No matter what the outcome is, the possibilities are exciting!  Tomorrow I will be spending time with Christy, Martha Ann, and Wylie so it will for sure be a good day! 

I guess I should be getting to bed... and I think I hear distant thunder... fingers crossed :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  An unexpected day off from work  2.  My 3-mile run  3.  Working on my vision board  4.  Staying safe through the storms  5.  Hearing about other people's good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment