Monday, February 14, 2011

A little Ben & Jerry's makes for a good night...

So it's Valentine's and I am sure that many of you enjoyed a romantic day and candlelit dinners tonight.  I, on the other hand, enjoyed a "single person's" night!  I got a pizza (no meat since it's meatless Monday for me), watched some TV shows I had recorded and then enjoyed Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream!  I have to say it's been a great night and the ice cream was very yummy!  Some might say - aww, that sounds so sad - but I think it's a matter of perspective.  I am very independent so being single is OK with me and since it was Valentine's, I thought Ben & Jerry's would be a treat for myself (that justifies the ice cream, right?).  It is impressive how much you can eat though, when you are watching some of your favorite shows ha!

I did go for a run today.  I am going to run a 1/2 marathon in April so I am trying to get back into the groove of running long distances.  It has been awhile since I have consistently run and I can definitely tell it.  Today after 3 miles I was gasping for breath so we have a ways to go before I can run 13.2 miles!  I do enjoy running though.  The weather has been awesome lately and lots of people have been out and about in my neighborhood.  I always run with my iPod on and one of my favorite songs right now is Adele's Rolling in the Deep!  I listened to it quite a few times and I'm sure that anyone that passed me heard me singing along with Adele!  Running is another time where my thoughts are in overdrive and I always dream about life and the direction mine is going.  I plan on sharing more of that this week in my blog - there's plenty to talk about when it comes to my thoughts. 

Oh, and I did get to see Martha Ann & Wylie (my niece and nephew) over the weekend.  I felt like it had been a really long time and it was great to see them!  At first Martha Ann could have cared less that I was there (in my head I thought she would get so happy to see me - it didn't quite go that way) but it wasn't long before she was giving me hugs and kisses and just chilling with Uncle K-K... and I love those times!  Wylie has changed so much.  He still pretty much just lays around (he's only 2 months old) but he's smiling a lot now and we are definitely becoming buddies now.  We all hung out at Christy's house and it was fun to be with the siblings and some of our friends.  And just like most sibling times with us - there was lots of laughter and crazy conversations.  And we sat around the table eating like there was no tomorrow - but it was healthy foods... for the most part :)

So for all you couples out there - I hope you had a great Valentine's Day and were able to be all "weird and gross" with the one you love.  And for all the singles - I hope you had a great day as well and treated yourself to something extra... like Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream!!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  This morning's focus time dealing with life goals  2.  Beautiful weather today  3.  A decent run  4.  Spending time with family over the weekend  5.  Ben & Jerry's ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment