Monday, February 21, 2011

Goals and Dreams for 2011...

I should have done this earlier in the year, but since one of my desires for this blog is to be honest, candid, and vulnerable - I wanted to list the goals I made for 2011.  I believe that this will not only give you insight into what I am focusing my energy on this year, but it will also keep me accountable to know that I have put these goals out there for those who read it.  There are 10 goals so here we go:

1.  Become a published author.  I want to see, The Journey, published.  To one day see my book on store shelves, to experience a book signing to connect with those who read it, and to even have the opportunity for speaking engagements to encourage others to truly live out their own unique journeys. 

2.  Start "Pay It Forward" in Nashville.  I would like to hold monthly events in Nashville that surprise a very deserving person, family, or group of people.  This goal comes from my experience on the Oprah show where my sister, Cara. and I were able to surprise a very deserving family with groceries, a Target shopping spree, and paying off some of their bills.  This will take a lot of work but I know that it can happen and can really make a difference in other people's lives. 

3.  Begin "The Kevin Buchanan Show" on Youtube.  This idea actually came to me while watching others who have a daily show on Youtube.  I love having this blog, and having my own show on Youtube would let me share in an even more creative way.  I have a lot of ideas for this so hoping to start it in the next couple of months.

4.  Start working on a new book.  I loved the entire process of writing The Journey - from the ideas, to the actual writing process, working with an editor, and seeing it become a reality.  Although I do not know exactly what the topic would be, I definitely want to write another book.

5.  Get control of my finances, raise my credit score, and make more money than I ever have.  Financially, I am doing ok right now but I want to do better.  My goal is to be financially free and to really make smart financial choices.  To make a lot of money is not a matter of greed, it is just to have more opportunity to experience other things in life. 

6.  Mark 12 items off of my bucket list.  I did make a list of things I want to do before I die.  Have you ever seen the show, My Buried Life?  It's crazy sometimes, but what I like about it is that they make a list and then put action to that list.  Why sit around wishing and hoping - put some action to it and see things happen!

7.  Blog everyday.  Well, my original goal was to blog 365 times this year.  We all know that is not going to happen but I know that it will be a priority for me since I have really enjoyed doing it so far. 

8.  Run a 1/2 Marathon.  I have run 2 marathons in my life and this year I have decided to run a 1/2 marathon.  I will be doing the Country Music 1/2 Marathon here in Nashville on April 30th.  My training actually starts this week so you will hear how it goes... the good, bad, and ugly ha!  My sister, Cara, is going to run as well. 

9.  Be the healthiest and most in shape I have ever been.  This speaks for itself but I have a strong desire to really have healthy eating habits and to feel great about how I look and feel with my own body.

10.  Live out my true authentic self.  There's a lot I could say about this and I will save it for another blog, but it simply has to do with being comfortable in your own skin, having confidence, and really living out your purpose for being on the earth. 

So there they are - my 10 goals for the year.  I can say that I am currently doing some type of work on each of these goals.  If you haven't already, I strongly encourage everyone to make goals and write them down.  There is something about writing it down that not only makes it real, but serves as a reminder to keep pursuing it until that goal is accomplished.  My prayer would be that on December 31st of this year, I am able to blog and say that all 10 of these goals are now a reality!!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Fun with friends last night  2.  A day off to relax and enjoy  3.  Good phone conversations with Christy and Cara today - start training with Cara for the 1/2 Marathon and hearing about 2 of Christy's goals for the spring  4.  Really good food today on Meatless Monday  5.  Getting refocused on my goals for the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment