Friday, February 25, 2011

Snotty noses, Mexican food, and a nice surprise...

Yes, these three things were all parts of a really great day for me!  I was off work today, so I went to Christy's house to hang out, help clean, and see my two favorite little people who greeted me with sneezing, coughing, and runny noses.  I usually run from sick people but of course with Martha Ann and Wylie, I just got in there amidst all the snotty noses and played and hugged and hung out.  Martha Ann and I have really become great buddies and I love how she just stays right with me and makes me laugh a lot.  And I got more smiles and giggles from Wylie today than I have ever seen.  Christy and I worked on cleaning her house (she used a coupon from Kevin's favorite things!) while Martha Ann did a little dancing and pulling out toys that we were trying to put up.  Wylie, of course, laid around and watched all that was going on. 

As we were cleaning, I noticed Christy starting to cough and sneeze too.  The germs were spreading quickly but I was staying strong.  We decided it was time for lunch and so we went to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants which always makes for a great day for both of us!  There was a moment of excitement while we were there when Martha Ann started saying a new word.  She said "ball!"  We congratulated her every time and she then went on to say it quite often in between our fajitas and chips and salsa which was delicious!  She also ate most of K-K's tortillas while dipping chips into the salsa and feeding them to me.  Isn't she the sweetest :)

On the drive home, I noticed myself sniffling and coughing some.  The germs had got me.  So basically we were a Suburban full of snot heading down the highway ha!  We did make it home and I have to say by the end of the day, we were all feeling a little better.  Hopefully they all get better soon, especially Christy - who as a mom, isn't really allowed to ever get sick anyway :)

My nice surprise happened after I got home.  I checked my mail and saw a letter from Bethel University, where I got my MBA from.  I opened it up and the letter said that occasionally the school goes through their financial records and noticed that I had a credit on my account.  They attached a check for what I was owed and when I saw the check, I have to say I jumped up and down.  It was for a substantial amount and as you know in my earlier blogs, I have had minor financial struggles this year and this will definitely get me caught up and back on track!!  In fact, my "frustrated conversation" that I had with Christy yesterday dealt with this and little did I know the answer was in my mailbox the entire time.  The crazy part was that it has been over a year since I attended Bethel but this check came at the perfect time! 

So yes, snotty noses, Mexican food, and a perfectly-timed surprise made for a really great day!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Hanging out with Christy  2.  Martha Ann's new word  3.  Wylie's smiles  4.  An answer in perfect timing  5.  A really good day

No comments:

Post a Comment