Thursday, September 15, 2011

Two More Days Until....

This Saturday is our first every PAY IT FORWARD DAY!!  I am really excited about this and hope that all of you will take a moment out of your day to make a positive difference.  It is a very simple thing and can happen wherever you live.  Think of an act of kindness that you can do for someone you do not know.  Various ideas include sending an anonymous card of encouragement, paying for the person behind you at the drive-thru line, volunteering for an organization, paying a bill for someone, sending flowers, visiting a retirement center, giving someone a much deserved compliment, sending food to someone in need, giving someone a ride.... the list goes on and on.  I would encourage you to get creative with your good deeds.  If you have a hard time thinking of something, just keep that desire in your mind and I promise it will present itself!  Just be willing to take action once it does!  I am hoping to hear back from others on how they were able to "spread the good vibes" and make an impact on someone's life.  The really cool part is that we never know what kind of impact it will have on that person.  Just be sure and tell them to Pay It Forward in order to keep it going! 

Feel free to comment on Pay It Forward's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/pages/Pay-It-Forward/187761993898   or here on my blog once you have completed it!  I know that everyone else will be encouraged as well.  We all have things in our life to be grateful for.  We all know what it is like to have an act of kindness given to us.  Now it is our turn to give out of a grateful heart and experience what we all should be doing anyway.  For many of you, this is already a way of life.  If not, I promise that after Saturday, you will want to continue it again and again!

Be sure to visit my blog on Monday - I guarantee that I will have a funny story (and video) about another event I am attending on Saturday!

Have a great weekend and don't forget to PAY IT FORWARD!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  This absolutely beautiful weather  2.  The chance to sit outside during lunch and enjoy it.  3.  Hearing that my nephew Wylie said "Ma Ma" today for the first time!  4.  Hearing someone's excitement about good things in their life.  5.  Grateful in advance for all the good things that will come from Saturday's event!

No comments:

Post a Comment