Monday, September 26, 2011

Sending Out Encouragement....

I had a few different ideas for today's blog, but I really felt like I wanted to use today as a simple encouragement to everyone who reads it.  I have talked with a few people over the last couple of weeks that have asked me one question - does God really have a better plan for me?  Most of the circumstances surrounding that question are not ideal and they are hoping for "the greener grass" to come soon.  I always answer with a loud and definite - YES! 

My own life speaks for itself when it comes to understanding that there is a better life out there for each of us.  My circumstances have been less than ideal at times and there were moments that I asked the same question.  Each and every time - better things came along.  It is my personal belief that perspective has a lot to do with it.  Even when things are not good in life, keeping the right perspective and believing that it will get better makes a big difference in how we handle those times.  Sure it may not change the situation right then and we need to face reality at times in order to make a change.  But if we simply focus on the bad and allow ourselves to get swallowed up by the crumbling wall - then we will find ourselves continuing to spiral downward and it will seem as though there is no hope in healing our changing.  However, I promise that keeping that belief in what is to come and seeing the result in our minds will get us out of that rut and change will come! 

I cannot say when the change will come, I just know that it will.  There were times in my own life that I wondered if it would ever get better.  I felt alone at times and struggled with the question of why.  For those who are realists and very practical thinkers - I do agree that sometimes a bad situation is just that - a bad situation.  We have to put action to our worries in order to see change.  I am not advocating to live in some fairy tale world and believe that thinking positive will change everything.  It takes a combination of perspective, belief, and action. 

Two statements always come to mind when I am either struggling with this in my own life or giving advice to friends who are.  Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future.  We must believe that the One who is greater than ourself will not leave us but rather stay true to His nature and provide the best for our lives.  The other statement is this:  God can dream a bigger dream for us than we can ever dream for ourself.    In my own life, when I try and focus on the picture of what I see for my life - I also rest in the fact that what can be done with my life is beyond anything I could ever dream up for myself - and I consider myself a pretty big dreamer! 

If you are struggling today, hurting, or simply wishing that circumstances were different - hold on to the truth that they will be.  Focus on the good and not the bad.  Yes, face the reality of the situation and do what it takes to change it - but do not give the negative energy any more attention than it needs.  What I know for sure is that God does have a better plan for each of us - we must simply be open to hearing it and keeping our lives in sync to receive it.  For anyone who needs encouraging - know that you are not alone, find help in others, and believe.  

Today I am grateful for:  1.  The opportunity to run a 5k on Saturday for a good cause  2.  Encouraging church service Sunday and a reminder to continue growing  3.  Meatless Monday today and a great meal coming tonight  4.  A great day and start to the week  5.  Remembering the truth in life's uncertainties

No comments:

Post a Comment