Monday, June 27, 2011

Under Interrogation...

Hope everyone had a really good weekend!  Things were pretty good here - church on Sunday was really good of course!  Pastor Pete finished up his series on heaven and hell and now I am looking forward to a new summer series that starts next week.  Those of you who live in the Nashville area - I encourage you to come visit Cross Point sometime.  I look forward to every Sunday knowing that it will be a great time to be energized and refocused for the week.  And yes, I know there are many great churches to attend - I just wanted to suggest one of them :)

I just had a story from the weekend that I wanted to share because it was so awkward and became so frustrating for me that I kept thinking there were hidden cameras somewhere and I was being Punked!  There is a great Mexican restaurant in my neighborhood that I frequent quite often and it had been awhile since I had Mexican food (probably a couple of weeks which is a long time) so Jordan and I decided to go eat dinner there.  We sat down and before we could say what we wanted for drinks, the waiter began to tell us that he remembered us from the last time we were there and he knew that we had walked out without paying for our meal!  At first I was not sure what he was even talking about or why he was saying that to us.  He literally went on and on about how we had eaten there over a month ago and he saw us walk out and leave the bill on the table.  I said that he must be mistaken because there is no way I would walk out and just not pay.  (I could see myself getting up from the table and forgetting to grab the bill but you have to pay for your meal at the front of the restaurant so of couse I would have paid before leaving!)  However, he kept going and said the manager had told him to tell us what had happened and that the waiter had to pay for the meal and blah, blah, blah.  At this point, I was getting frustrated because I knew there was some kind of mix up or something.  Again, I kept looking around for someone I knew thinking they were playing a joke on me!  The waiter left twice and came back to tell us that it was OK, but he wanted us to know that he knew what we did!  Finally, I told him that I did not know what else to say about it.  I was sorry that someone did not pay their bill, but it was not us and it was time to move on from this conversation.  I kept thinking that if we were the kind of guys that would do that, why would we come back to the scene of the crime?  About that time, the manager came up - who I knew from going there so many times.  He said that there must have been a mix-up.  He knew me as a regular customer and it must have been two other guys that walked out without paying.  Actually he said two younger guys - to which I thanked him for getting me mixed up with a young guy!  He apologized and after about fifteen minutes of interrogation we finally continued with our meal. 

The whole experience was just so weird because of the waiter's persistent attitude that we were wrong and he was right.  And then to have the manager come over and say that it was a case of mistaken identity made it awkward too because the waiter was so sure it was us.  It was definitely the first time I have been accused of something like that and it is just another reason that I wished I had my own reality show.  I would love to have seen my reaction because I started off calm but got rather frustrated as time went on.  Of course at the end of the meal, we grabbed the bill and held it up in the air as we walked to the front and paid for it.  Although part of us wanted to just get up and run out the door - how funny would that have been?!  Just another crazy experience to add to my life story!

I am looking forward to a great, productive week and will plan once again to get five blogs by Friday.  Have a great Monday everyone and make sure you pay your meal ticket!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  A beautiful weekend  2.  Fun day on Saturday  3.  Awesome church service Sunday  4.  Much needed rain over the weekend  5.  Learning life lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment