Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Bucket List...

I have always been a "goal-oriented" type of person.  I believe that writing out goals will give you that visual to help motivate you to accomplish the particular goal.  At the beginning of the year, I wrote out my bucket list.  A bucket list is simply a list of things you would like to do before you die.  This came about because of two things:  1.  The movie, Bucket List, with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.  Although it might not have been an Oscar - worthy movie, I still loved the concept behind it.  In the movie, the characters knew that they were dying and instead of just giving up, they decided to do all the things they wanted to do before they died.  2.  The MTV show, The Buried Life.  The show started with four college guys that wanted to get the most out of their life so they wrote out their own bucket list, filmed themselves as they did those things, and now it is a show on MTV.  What I really like about the show is that as they cross things off their list, they also help other people accomplish goals they have always wanted to do - sort of a Pay It Forward concept - which I really like!

My goal this year is to be able to cross twelve things off of my bucket list.  Right now I have 25 things written down and so I thought I would post them for a couple of reasons.  It will help me stay accountable to accomplish these goals and also someone who reads this might help me be able to cross some of these things off.  My list covers a wide variety of ideas and some might sound crazy - but there are things I want to do before I die.  And I am pretty sure I will keep adding to the list as I cross others off.  I encourage all of you to come up with your own bucket list and start crossing them off.  We never know when our time here on earth will be over - so this helps us to make the most of life!!

1.  Have a published book
2.  Go zip lining
3.  Go skydiving
4.  Ride in a hot air balloon
5.  Visit Ireland
6.  Do Pay It Forward in Nashville
7.  Be in a local play
8.  Walk the red carpet
9.  Trace my family history
10.  Be a dad
11.  Work with Oprah
12.  Have one million dollars in the bank
13.  Run through a nude beach
14.  Go to Cedar Point theme park
15.  Be on The Amazing Race
16.  Go on a cruise
17.  Have a reality show
18.  Volunteer at a shelter
19.  Have a massage shower
20.  Take my sisters on a surprise trip
21.  Go on a long distance road trip
22.  Read the Bible in a year
23.  Take an exercise class
24.  Go to the Ellen show
25.  Start a vision board

That's my bucket list so far.  I do believe that I will be able to cross twelve of these items off before the end of the year.  Actually I have done #25 so I only have eleven more to go!  As these become a reality, I will definitely let everyone know.  I also hope you will write out your bucket list and share it with others!  Tomorrow's blog is going to have a challenge for everyone dealing with gratitude - so make sure and come back for that!  Have a great day!!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Veggie pizza and chocolate chip cookies last night  2.  A good night with fun TV shows  3.  Running 3 miles this morning  4.  Job possibilities  5.  A really cute picture I got of Martha Ann and her bff, Shepherd, hanging out with a goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment