Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Do Those in Heaven See Us on Earth?

Look at me - blogging two days in a row!  Really hoping to get five blogs in this week so we will see if it happens!  It is another day off from work for me and today's goal is to give the living room a "Kevin Cleaning," go for a run (and hopefully not pass out from the heat) and get some writing done on my next book.  This morning I used my morning walk with Axel (the dog) to pray and keep my life focused.  I am really enjoying doing that and it is just a different way to have my focus time and start my day off right. 

Sunday at church, our pastor continued his series entitled, Glimpse.  It is a three week series talking about heaven and hell and what he thinks the scriptures have to say about it.  The first week we watched his interview with Colton, the little boy who visited Heaven and his father wrote a book entitled, Heaven is for Real.  If you have not read it yet, I would encourage you to do so and just see what you think about it.  This past Sunday he spoke on the topic of a new earth.  He started out by saying that this is his interpretation of what he thinks the scriptures say about heaven and yes, some of it is speculation - but I have to say that I really agreed with what he said. 

OK, I just deleted what I had written here and am going to give a link to his message because I started sounding like a preacher and giving my own sermon and I think it would get too long (I tend to go on and on sometimes).  If you go to www.crosspoint.tv you can find the link for all of his sermons.  This one is week 2 of the series, Glimpse.  A couple of the main points that I did want to say were this.  The scriptures talk about a new heaven and a new earth.  Pastor Pete pointed out that if there is going to be a new heaven that will last for eternity, then the place called heaven now is sort of an in between place.  If there is going to be a new earth, then it will be the perfected version of where we live now.  This makes sense to me because of our innermost desires as human beings.  The other part that was talked about was that those in heaven now know what is happening on earth.  I have heard some say that those who have died are able to see earth and some say that they cannot.  I have actually believed both views over time, but I agree with Pastor Pete and believe that those who have died and gone to heaven are able to see and know what happens here on earth.  This is such an encouraging thought to me.  Some might wonder why those in heaven would be able to see the bad things that are going on with their loved ones here on earth.  But to me, it is a matter of perspective.  They know what is waiting for us and any pain or hurt that we go through on earth is only temporary.  I could really say a lot more about all of this, but again I do not want to turn this blog into a sermon so I strongly encourage you to watch his sermon online - you will be greatly encouraged!  Some might agree and some might disagree - the truth is, one day we will understand fully and know completely - but I believe that thinking about it now only deepens our desire for what is to come and changes our perspective of life now. 

Well, "pastor Kevin" is going to stop now but I just wanted to share those thoughts because it is something that we probably do not think about often.  It is time for me to start cleaning and then writing.  Hope everyone has a great day!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Another great focus time this morning  2.  Thinking about heaven and what is to come  3.  Dinner at one of my favorites last night - Blue Coast Burrito  4.  A productive day yesterday  5.  Letters from the Sky - song by Civil Twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment