Monday, June 20, 2011

Just Going to Start Typing....

I have a lot to say so I am just going to start typing and see where this one leads.  It might cover a variety of topics so I will try to keep it somewhat focused and we will see how it all turns out!

I am off this week from work and my goal is to make it a very productive week.  I am taking one room in my house a day and doing a very thorough cleaning.  Today was the kitchen and it is now sparkling clean.  By the end of the week, this house will shine and we all know that it is such a great feeling to sit down and know that your house is nice and clean!  My "neat freak" characteristic does mean that my house is normally clean but it is always good to go the extra mile and do what I call a "Kevin Cleaning."  My sisters are familiar with this because I have helped clean their houses before.  The only catch is that when I clean, I tend to throw stuff away so I have been known to get rid of things that they might have wanted to keep.  So cleaning house is definitely on my "to-do" list for this week as well as working on my new book.  I have found that working on it little sections at a time seems to work better for me because I can easily get distracted.  However, I hope that at the end of the week I have made great progress on this project.

Yesterday was Father's Day and I do need to take a minute and remember my dad.  It was a good day for me and I spent it with friends.  Throughout different moments in the day, I was reminded just how blessed I am to have had such an amazing dad.  Not everyone has that in their life and it is truly a gift.  For those of you who still have your dad with you - make sure and let him know what he means to you and do not take him for granted.  I miss Dad and sometimes Father's Day is a really hard day, but I focused more on gratefulness yesterday and am very glad for the years I did have him as a part of my life. 

Church was really good yesterday and I am probably going to spend some time a different day this week talking about our pastors' message.  It was really great and it continued to help me think of Heaven and what's to come with a slightly new perspective.  There was also what I found to be a funny moment at the end of the service.  The guy doing announcements said something funny and for some reason I thought it was hilarious and continued to laugh for awhile after everyone else had stopped! 

The last thing I want to say is just a very encouraging moment I had this morning.  I took Axel for a walk and decided to go a little bit longer and use this as my focus time.  As I thought about my life and changes I want to make I really felt a peace about knowing that the answers are already there.  I have a tendency to worry sometimes and as I prayed and thought about different situations I was reminded that I do not need to worry.  Instead I should be very grateful for all the good things in my life, trust that things will get better as the answers come, and do my part to put action to my requests - positive energy gets a much better response than negative worry.  In fact, as I finished up my walk I received a text that was a good step towards answering one of my requests - yes, sometimes it happens that fast. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend and looking forward to another really good week!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  A thought-provoking message at church yesterday  2.  Trying out a new grocery store (Trader Joe's - I love it!)  3.  A great focus time during my walk this morning  4.  Getting some cleaning done  5.  Motivation to keep pursuing goals

No comments:

Post a Comment