Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Moment to Review...

June 2nd - I cannot believe that we are almost half way through the year!  I thought I would take a minute and see where I am on my new year's goals.  Some I am doing very well on and some not so good.  But that is the point of a review - to see what I need to continue doing and to also see what I need to pick up the pace on - so let's get started!  If you want to look back - I posted my goals for the new year on February 21st (a little late I know, but I did write them down for myself on January 1st). 

1.  Become a published author - this is something I am still working on.  This one ties in with goal #4 and my plan is actually to get my new book published and then bring my first book back because in some ways they will go hand in hand.

2.  Start "Pay It Forward" in Nashville - I will admit that I have not done much with this goal but it is still a strong desire of mine.  I do have a plan though and it involves taking smaller steps to help accomplish the bigger goal and I do know that it will become a reality.

3.  Begin "The Kevin Buchanan Show" on YouTube - OK, so this one is actually a way for me to fulfill a huge dream I have of one day having my own talk show.  I have slacked off on this - and sorta forgot about it - but I know that it would be a lot of fun.  Let's strive for really starting this one in the fall.  That gives me the summer to really work on it and come up with some great ideas!

4.  Start working on a new book - Yay!  This is one I can say is currently in progress!  I know it is going to take awhile to finish but I do hope to have it done by the end of the year.

5.  Get control of my finances, raise my credit score, and make more money than I ever have - I was a little worried about this one but there have been some "things in the works" as far as this is concerned.  It looks like this one will be coming true as the weeks and months progress.

6.  Mark 12 items off of my bucket list - I have not done this one yet, but I still have 7 months to do it - so I am certain this one will happen.  One day I will probably blog about what is on my bucket list - someone might be able to help me make them come true!

7.  Blog everyday - Obviously this one had to be refined but I am very happy with the amount of blogs I have done this year.  It is not realistic for me to write something every day but I hope that quality over quantity is what counts!

8.  Run a 1/2 Marathon - This one will happen before the year ends - probably in the fall. 

9.  Be the healthiest and in shape I have ever been - I am feeling good about this one, especially after my extreme healthy eating last month.  I have been running more consistently.  The only thing I want to add is working out.  I used to go to the gym and really enjoyed it - so I plan to either get back or start P90X again.

10.  Live out my true authentic self - I believe this is one that I learn more and more about every day.  I continue to learn about who I am and I believe that I am living that out in my own life, in my relationship with God, and in front of others on a daily basis. 

So it looks like I am doing OK on my goals and dreams for the year.  I may not exactly be where I want to be on every one of them, but I am putting the work in for most of them and will pick up where I am slacking off on the others.  Actually writing this has motivated me to really stay focused because I know that each one of them were decided for a reason. 

What goals or dreams did you make for this year?  Are you making progress on them?  If yes, that's awesome - keep it up!  If not, don't beat yourself up - just start today making small steps in the right direction.  Goals will be accomplished and when they do, I promise that you will love how it makes you feel and how it motivates you to dream bigger!

As a side note, last night we went through 3 baskets of chips and salsa, a full Mexican meal, and 2 cupcakes from Sparkles (the neighborhood cupcake store).  I think that my stomach had shrunk some because I was completely miserable afterwards.  Oh, it was definitely delicious in the moment but I did learn that sometimes too much of a good thing is not always the best!  I need to slow down just a bit and ease back into some of these favorite foods :)

Today I am grateful for:  1.  My focus time this morning  2.  A 3-mile run  3.  Mexican food returning to my life  4.  Motivation to keep working on my goals for the year  5.  An afternoon of quietness

No comments:

Post a Comment