Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Love of Chocolate and Hatred for Cicadas...

June 1, 2011 - There are a few things to talk about today!  First things first - the 31 days of extreme healthy eating came to an end at midnight last night!  I am so proud to say that I did what I set out to do and felt really good about it.  Now let me explain to you what happened at midnight last night.  Jordan did this extreme healthy eating with me and so we were counting down the minutes until the clock struck midnight - it was so exciting!  Laid out to eat were 2 chocolate truffles that my roommate had bought earlier in the month and we had put them in the freezer to save for this moment.  There were also a couple of Godiva chocolate truffles as part of the chocolate of the month club.  Finally, I made chocolate chip muffins last night to have for breakfast this morning and of course one had to be eaten at midnight as well.  We counted down the last few seconds and as soon as the clock said 12:00am we each ate the first truffle.  I cannot even begin to describe what it tasted like!  It was as if I had never had chocolate before in my life - it was perfection!  I felt my body come alive and I promise that I had a small tear coming down my face - yes, it was that good!  They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder and I could not agree more.  The truffles and the muffins were eaten along with a glass of cold milk - I wanted to slap somebody it was so great!  Tonight is Mexican food and I can hardly wait - I hope the restaurant is stocked up on chips and salsa!

Next, we need to talk about these cicadas!  Part of me is fascinated by the fact that they only surface every thirteen years.  I have yet to learn what their true purpose in life is but it is kinda cool that they come out after thirteen years and do their thing.  The negative side to these creatures would be that they are extremely loud, are such a nuisance, and well.... they scare the crap out of me!  Those of you who keep up with me on facebook might have seen my post about getting into the car and one was in the floorboard and started flying around and making its noise!  Well, you have never seen two guys jumping around or screaming like girls in your life!  The other day, I was walking out of the movies and one landed on my shoulder.  Jordan just froze (helpful, huh?!) and once I realized what had happened I did the manly thing and proceeded to scream and run!  Then today, the nightmare of all nightmares happened.  I was walking outside and I passed a tree and all of the sudden what seemed like thousands of cicadas (in reality probably hundreds... OK, maybe 25) jumped off the tree at the same time and started chasing me!  I am telling the honest truth - they were chasing me down the sidewalk like I was under attack!  I was yelling and running (seems to be my normal reaction) and finally they went away.  I had just told someone the other day that it would be the absolute worst for a lot of these little monsters to start chasing me - I guess I should not have put those words out into the universe.  People, it was scary!!!  I will definitely be glad when their time here is over and we can all go back to living our lives like normal human beings.

I have started working on my new book and I really like the direction it is going in.  In fact, after I finish this blog, I plan to spend a few hours working on it and see where it takes me.  I love the process of writing because new ideas always come and you never know for sure what direction it will go in.  As I continue to write sections I might post some of them on here to get some feedback from you.  I am also considering two different titles for the book right now and will probably get opinions on that as well in the future.  It is great to be writing about a topic that I am passionate about and love to share with other people:  Truly living life to the fullest and overcoming any obstacles that get in the way of us fulfilling that goal. 

I hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy a piece of chocolate, do something fun today, and if you see a cicada - run like crazy!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  A very productive day yesterday  2.  Having chocolate back in my life  3.  An exciting morning of possibilities and humor  4.  An afternoon off to write  5.  Mexican food for dinner tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment