Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let's Talk About Food Baby....

We are halfway there to having five blogs this week!  Since the last few posts have been on the more serious side, I thought I would have some fun today and talk about one of my favorite topics - FOOD!  My friends and family all know that I am a big fan of good food and it seems like some who only know me from my blogs also figured out rather quickly how happy it makes me!  Certain good meals or treats do make it into my "Five Things I am Grateful For" from time to time and believe me - they will be listed again today as well. 

Let's start with lunch yesterday.  There is a restaurant called The Pankcake Pantry here in Nashville and it is somewhat of a touristy place, but in the six years I have lived here I have never made it to this well known place.  On Saturday mornings, the line is out the door and wrapped around the corner just to get in.  Of course they are known for their big variety of pancakes and I was excited when the opportunity presented itself to eat there.  (And by opportunity I mean - the initial place Jordan and I were going to had already stopped serving lunch so we looked across the street and there it was - I say it was fate!)

The waitress was great and when she found out it was my first time there, she was very quick to make some great recommendations.  What ended up on our table was sweet potato pancakes, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and chocolate sin pancakes.  My eyes were wide like a little kid when she brought them out.  I tried the sweet potato pancakes first and OMG they were so good!  They made their own syrup to put on it and it was delicious!  The chocolate sin pancakes were filled with chocolate ganache - do I really need to say more?  I was such a happy guy!  The waitress came back to ask how we liked everything and she laughed because she could see the enthusiasm on my face!  There were lots of full plates on our table to begin with but within minutes, we had eaten every last bite of it.  I will definitely be going back and trying all of the variety of pancakes that they offer.  If you are ever in Nashville - I highly recommend it - and I will be more than happy to go with you!

Another one of my favorite foods is cupcakes.  There is a cupcake store called Sparkles Cupcakes within walking distance in my neighborhood so needless to say, Axel and I make many trips there during the week to see what flavors they have.  My favorite is the Triple Chocolate Chip.  A close second would be the Old School cupcake.  It reminds me so much of the ones my Mamaw used to make.  They have a varitey of different kinds and I really have not had a bad one yet - and believe me, I have tried most all of them.  If you have not figured it out, chocolate is a staple food in my diet and I rarely turn it down. 

Mexican food definitely makes my list, too!  It is a favorite in my family and most of us eat it multiple times a week.  Again, there is a Mexican place within walking distance to my house (yes, I live in the best neighborhood ever!) so I frequent there to get my fix.  I am also a big fan of Thai Food.  There is a great place called The Smiling Elephant here in Nashville.  It's very small, but the food is so good!  Finally, sushi is also in my top five favorite foods.  I recently got a little adventurous and tried eel and it's now a new favorite.  And yes, there is a sushi restaurant in my neighborhood, too.  I am starting to think I live in a little piece of heaven :)

So yes, food is a topic I can always talk about.  I like to observe Meatless Mondays and eat vegetarian whenever possible.  Although this blog may not sound like it, I am a conscious eater and do lean towards a more healthier diet - but also believe in all things in moderation - so we must have our treat foods, too!  I would love to hear what some of your favorite foods are and if you have any restaurant suggestions - send them my way!  (Did you notice how many times the word "favorite" was used in today's blog?!)

Have a great Wednesday and enjoy a great treat today!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  The Pancake Pantry  2.  Getting to enjoy my two favorite cupcakes last night  3.  Getting room 2 cleaned yesterday (living room)  4.  The rain - we've needed it!  5.  Another productive day

No comments:

Post a Comment