Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Progress is Being Made...

I just got in from a run.  Yeah, that's right - I thought it would be a great idea to go for a run when it's 100 degrees outside!  Needless to say, by the time I got back I was a hot, sweaty mess that was gasping for air!  After my run, I took Axel for a walk to try and cool down some.  As usual, we met another walker and dog along the way.  Axel and the new dog took a few moments to meet and as the lady and I talked, I quickly became aware of what she was seeing.  I was shirtless, somewhat blotchy from the heat, and had so much sweat pouring down my face that I could barely see her.  It is a fair assessment to say that it was not a pretty sight!  She did not seem to look scared, but I did quickly end the conversation.  Axel and I finished our walk and then went back inside to the wonderful air conditioning which I am truly thankful for these days (yes, it will be mentioned below)!

I do have some good news!  After nineteen days of unemployment, I received a phone call today informing me that I had been hired for a new job!  Of course, this all depends on if I pass my drug test and background check - fingers crossed (just kidding)!  The job is with Verizon Wireless and although it might not be my "dream job" just yet, it does offer a lot of opportunities for the future and it is definitely an answered prayer.  One of my best friends has also reminded me quite often that it is a stepping stone for now.  I am definitely grateful for this opportunity and that I did not have to go a long time without a job.  The unemployed life is kinda nice but just not as fun without that paycheck coming in! 

I know this one is short and sweet but wanted to write today since I missed yesterday.  Hope everyone is having a great week and staying cool in the heat!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Surviving my run in the neighborhood  2.  Air conditioning  3.  Getting a new job!  4.  The Verizon employee working the security gate - so nice and loved her job!  5.  Hearing that my nephew Wylie crawled and pulled himself up for the first time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment