Friday, July 1, 2011

The Definition of a Good Day...

Yes, I did a few changes to the layout of my blog - hope you like it!  Change is a good thing and I was ready for a new, cleaner look.  Feel free to let me know what you think.  Now that we are half way through the year I did want to stop and thank all of you that take time to read my blog.  It is encouraging (and funny at times) to hear what you, the reader, gets out of it and I just wanted you to know that I genuinely appreciate it! 

Today was a really good day.  I woke up in a good mood and today's breakfast included one of my new favorite treats - Nutella!  This was introduced into my life about three months ago and I cannot believe I have gone so long without knowing about it.  If you have not tried it, trust me - it will quickly become something that you are grateful for!  I also had a really good focus time as Axel and I went for our morning walk.  I am continuing to be grateful for all that is in my life and believing in the answers for the requests that I have. 

I was also looking forward to today because I knew that I would be able to hang out with my sister, Christy, and my niece and nephew, Martha Ann and Wylie.  I realized this morning that it had been almost two months since I had seen them and that is way too long!  They are both growing up so fast (Martha Ann is two years old and Wylie is six months old) and it was great to see their smiling faces as they came to the door.  Martha Ann's smiling face quickly turned to horror when Axel, the dog, ran and slammed his body into the door - but it did not take long for her to get past that traumatic moment and become his friend again.  After hanging out for a little while it was time for Christy and I to do what we love - go eat Mexican food!  So the four of us went to our neighborhood restaurant (yes I do go back there despite what happened last time) and enjoyed one of our favorite foods.  I could tell that it had been awhile since I had eaten at a restaurant with them and I was quickly reminded of how exciting it is.  We spend most of our time keeping Wylie occupied with toys instead of chewing on menus or trying to grab our utensils.  Martha Ann is busy putting chips in the salsa, trying our food, and getting ice out of my drink.  And between all of the activity, Christy and I get a few bites in when we can.  But I would not have it any other way! 

After lunch we decided to go to the park here in my neighborhood.  For some reason, we had forgotten that it was summer time and as we arrived at the playground around two o'clock in the afternoon - we quickly remembered that it was the hottest part of the day!  The equipment was too hot to play on and we were sweating and miserable within about five minutes.  So we made the hot walk home and enjoyed the nice air conditioning for the rest of the day.  At one point I noticed that my living room was a mess and Wylie was smashing crackers into my rug - but it did not even bother me.  Those who know me understand that is a big deal!  Only a niece and nephew can get away with that!  I loved every minute that they were here and I will say it again - there is nothing better than a hug from Martha Ann or a smile from Wylie!  I love being their Uncle K-K! 

So what defines a good day for me?  Starting the day off right, spending time with those that I love, chocolate, and Mexican food are definite factors to that equation.  I would say that is was a really good day today and I am looking forward to a great weekend!  Happy Friday everyone and I hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend!  I will be taking the day off from blogging Monday so I will see you all back here on Tuesday!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  Focus time this morning  2.  Nutella - seriously people, try it!  3.  Mexican food for lunch  4.  Hanging out with Christy, Martha Ann, and Wylie  5.  The joy of being "Uncle K-K"

No comments:

Post a Comment