Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Last Few Days of Freedom....

I am trying very hard to enjoy my last few days before I start my new job on Monday.  Although I am very glad to be working again, I have gotten used to the somewhat carefree way of the unemployed.  If you could see me right now, you would know that I am a very happy guy!  I am back at a coffee shop type restaurant called Fido and sitting at one of those bar / ledges that faces the window.  So I can write and people watch all day - sounds like a good life to me!  I do plan on continuing to write as much as I can today and get more progress made on the book.  I need to make the most of this time before I start working for "the man" again - otherwise known as Verizon Wireless. 

I did take yesterday off from basically doing anything.  I did not blog or do any writing, but instead got caught up on a few TV shows, went for a run, took Axel for a walk, and then took a nap - which is always a mistake.  I know some people love naps, but I do not.  Well, I just do not like how I feel afterwards.  Usually, I feel worse than when I laid down, I am mad at the world, and it seems to take a long time for me to get myself back to normal.  I don't think that is how naps are supposed to work.  But the highlight of my day had to be last night when Jordan and I decided to get $1 hot fudge sundaes from McDonald's.  Yes, that's what you do when you are unemployed and craving chocolate.  When we pulled up to the window to get our order, she handed us three hot fudge sundaes and told us to have a good day!  We had only ordered two, but got a bonus one!  I know what some of you are thinking - I could have told her that we only needed two, but then she would have had to throw away the third one, and that would just be wasteful.  So the ending to that story is - we enjoyed not one, not two, but three hot fudge sundaes and that makes for a happy ending to a good day. 


I also received a book in the mail yesterday entitled, Live Good.  I saw it at a store recently and when I checked on Amazon, I found it for much cheaper ($15 in the store; $3 on Amazon - you decide).  It is a coffee table book that is full of inspirational quotes and all I kept thinking was - I now have many blog topics to cover!  It is a great book - if you ever see it, check it out!  I am also proud for posting my first photo on my blog - just trying to spice things up a little!

I could seriously sit here all day and keep writing and probably will do that.  These chances (and this great seat) do not come along very often.  I almost asked someone to take my picture so you could see where I am, but chose not to.  I do keep thinking that one day I might actually get paid to do this type of thing - writing.  That will be a great day and I will just keep believing in that passion!  Hope everyone has a great day today - enjoy the good life!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  The hot fudge sundaes last night  2.  Another day to write  3.  This great seat and view  4.  Getting to do what I love  5.  The good life

No comments:

Post a Comment