Friday, March 23, 2012

The 10,000 Mark!!

Today, I have reached 10,000 views on my blog!  I wanted to say a big thank-you to everyone who reads and follows along as I share all that is going on in my journey.  My intent is that it would be encouraging, motivating, and entertaining.  It has been very encouraging to hear from many of you that read and comment - it motivates me to keep going!  I love being able to use this format as a way to express myself - at times, it is like therapy so this saves me a lot of money, right?  Please know that I really am grateful to each of you.   

I am looking forward to new changes and opportunities that will be coming soon!  On Monday, April 2nd the blog will have a new look and a new web address.  This is going to allow me to expand and do more things that I have wanted to accomplish with this blog.  I will be asking all of you to help me promote the new site and hope that all of you will continue to follow me and give any feedback - I welcome the good, bad, and ugly!

Also, April 2nd will be our next give-a-way!  Make sure you are a follower of the blog and I will announce next week what the prize will be - it's going to be a good one!

I will end the blog with a funny / grateful story that happened to me this week.  On Wednesday morning, I was on my way to work and I passed a policeman going the opposite direction.  I immediately looked down at the speedometer and knew that I was going over the speed limit.  I looked in my rear view mirror and to my horror, I saw him do a U-turn and start heading back in my direction.  I had that terrible feeling in my stomach and prayed that he would not turn his lights on (I'm sure God shakes his head at prayers like that)!  The policeman was behind a few other cars and for a moment I thought I had escaped.  However, in my moment of panic, I also ran a red light!  At this point I knew I either had to pull over or try and begin a high speed chase.  To my dismay, I saw the blue lights turn on and I knew he had me.  I pulled over and waited to hear my sentencing.  The officer came up and said he pulled me over for going 58 in a 40!  Oh crap - how was I going that fast?   Did he also see me run that red light?  He took my license and asked if I had received a ticket in the last 3 years - to which I quickly replied that I had not and I was terribly sorry for going so fast!  As he walked back to his car to run my license, I remembered that I had received a ticket almost two years ago!  I panicked!  I was speeding like a maniac, ran a red light, and lied to a police officer.  I might as well get ready for the handcuffs and prepare to spend my weekend in some nasty jail cell with a scary man named Bubba.  I saw him approaching the car again, and as a small tear began running down my face he said - Alright Kevin, be careful and have a good day.  What?  Did I hear him correctly?  Officer - did you not see me run that red light?  I was so excited that he let me go without even a warning!  It was a miracle!  In fact, I was so elated that as I drove off, I swerved a little bit on the road!  I can only imagine what the officer thought of that!  That was definitely my moment to be grateful and to remind all of us to not speed, do not run a red light, do not lie to an officer, and do not swerve while driving.  Thank you Mr. Officer - I am truly grateful!!!

Have a great weekend everyone and I will see you back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment