Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Preview Of What's To Come



I am sitting at a coffee shop here in my neighborhood.  It is one of my new favorite spots and it is a great place to write!  I am also learning that I do not have a firm grasp on the entire coffee lingo.  I ordered a "macchiato" - very confident that I fit in with the coffee house crowd.  The barista (I do know that term!) looked at me with a combination of hesitation and pity and asked if I was sure that's what I wanted since a macchiato was simply espresso with foam on it.  Basically, it would be over in about two sips.  I immediately responded with a nervous laugh and a - what I meant to say was..... and she helped me make a better decision.  Hopefully in time, I will gain a better understanding of the terminology and be able to order a crazy sounding drink with proper confidence. 

While here, I did something that I rarely do - I went back and read my blogs from January.  Normally, once I post it I do not go back and read it.  Oprah says that she rarely watches herself on TV so I do not need to go back and read my own blogs, right?  Well, I noticed that for now, I should go back and read them - especially proofread before posting them out into the world.  I am a stickler for spelling and grammar and I noticed a few grammatical errors (embarrassing!) for which I deeply apologize for and promise to do better in the future.  I guess Oprah has "people" to help her and the last time I checked - I do not have "people" yet so I better keep proofreading my own work for now. 

However, the other positive outcome that came out of rereading January's blogs was to have a better focus of where February is going.  I love writing and doing this blog and I try to maintain a focused energy on where it is going.  I take it seriously and have a strong desire to encourage others in their journey.  I hope that each month gets better than the last and I know that planning on my part will help me to work harder and produce more entertaining yet effective blogs. 

As you visit my blog this month (and I hope you will) I plan to incorporate some of the things I talked about in January.  I am moving forward with my own personal goals and although it helps me to talk about them here, I hope that it encourages you with your own goals for 2012.  I am also really excited about including other people's stories as part of my blog!  My goal is to publish two of them this month.  I may be reaching out to some of you to hear your story.  If you know someone that has a very interesting life (not the boring ones) and would encourage all of us - let me know! I will include Kevin's Monthly Review (I'm not liking the name - I need suggestions!) and I am sure that a funny story will come out this month as well.  For those of you in the Nashville area, there will be a push towards Pay It Forward Nashville - my big dream - so get ready for some exciting news for that this month as well!  And another give-a-way will happen March 1st - wow, I have a lot to work on this month!

I hope that February includes a lot of exciting things for you as well.  I almost forgot that Valentine's Day will be here soon.  I guess that clearly shows that I am single!  We also get one extra day this leap year and that's very exciting for anyone who was born on February 29th - my sister, Christy, being one of them!  So let's start this month off with ideas, vision, hard work, and some fun along the way, too!  Hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you back here Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment