Saturday, January 29, 2011

Here comes the sun!

So today, I definitely thought of that Beatles song - Here comes the sun - it was an absolutely beautiful day today in our area!!  You could tell that everyone was in a better mood today - it was all over facebook ha!  We haven't seen the sun in so long that it seemed like one of those days where you just wanted to run outside and dance around because it was so nice!  (or is that just me?) 

It started out a little crazy, when I opened my garage door and found a moving truck parked half-way in front of the door.  I couldn't find the driver, so I had to maneuver my SUV around it, praying I didn't scratch my car or the truck.. or the side of my garage!  I worked at a church in Dickson today and had a really good time.  I went outside every chance I got!  The people I worked with were great and I had a lot of fun and laughed a lot - which always makes for a great day.  One of the ladies I worked with (49 years old) told me that if she wasn't married, she would be going after me!  That was both hilarious and a little scary!  The church was also having choir practice today, so I did sneak in the back of the sanctuary for awhile and just sat and listened.  They were great and I wanted to get up there and sing and dance with them.  (To make the visual a little more humorous, this was an African-American church - so I REALLY wanted to join in ha!)  On the way home tonight, it was one great song after another on the radio so there was plenty of singing and dancing going on in my car.  I guess I really wanted to be a dancer today!

Leaving tomorrow for South Carolina for two days and then North Carolina for the rest of the week.  My job does require me to travel and it's actually been awhile since I've been anywhere far.  So I'm looking forward to traveling to places I've never been.  I'm sure I will have plenty to blog about!

So that was basically my day - no major life lessons, but it was a really great day and the sunshine played a big role in that - and the 49 year old of course!  I hope everyone else was able to enjoy it as well - unless you live somewhere that had bad weather today, and for that I'm sorry. 

Oh, and I would not want to end this blog without wishing a very Happy Birthday to my girl, Oprah!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  A beautiful day  2.  Seeing everyone in a better mood today  3.  A lot of fun at work  4.  Laughing with Cara on the phone  5.  Some great people-watching

No comments:

Post a Comment