Saturday, April 16, 2011

My name is Kevin and I love food.....

Today's blog will be different than any thus far.  One thing about myself that many people learn pretty quickly is that I love to eat and try new things!  The perfect sandwich, something spicy, or a piece of dark chocolate can really make any day better within seconds.  Recently, I became a member of the Godiva Rewards Club and every month you can go to their store and get a free piece of chocolate - it is really a life changer I must say!  I have shared my recipe for the perfect turkey sandwich before and today I thought I would share a few other food items that have made me really happy over the last week or so.

First, something simple - a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I have always been a fan of the PB&J but have you ever tried toasting the bread?  I always like my bread toasted on other sandwiches but thanks to a recommendation I tried toasting the wheat bread on my PB&J and it has brought that sandwich to a new level - try it next time! 

Second is hamburgers - again, another favorite of many but sometimes changing it up a little turns a plain hamburger into a work of art!  If you like spicy, add some hot sauce to the meat before cooking it.  Then build the sandwich with mushrooms, pepper jack cheese, bell pepper, spinach, and blue cheese dressing.  And of course, toast the buns but next time you go to the grocery look for Sandwich Thins - it's a flat bread that is only 100 calories and comes in various kinds - I got the multi grain and they are so much better than regular hamburger buns!  It was one of the best burgers - and messy, too. 

Lastly is a recipe that my sister, Christy, shared with me who found it on another person's blog.  It is a chicken recipe and it is so good that I promise it will become a repeat in your house.  Mix together wilted spinach, mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, diced jalapenos, and cream cheese in a bowl.  Then spoon the mixture into a flattened chicken breast.  Roll the chicken and wrap two slices of bacon around it.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 45 minutes.  It was for sure one of the best meals I have had in a long time!  When we took it out of the oven, there was a moment of silence (and a small tear coming down) just to try and savor the moment! 

So yeah, I do get excited eating delicious food, cooking new things, and trying new restaurants.  For the most part, I try and eat healthy (although the above recipes may not be the healthiest).  Look for PopChips at Target - they are very low in calories, come in different flavors, and so yummy!  I also observe Meatless Mondays and love trying new vegetarian dishes.  My weakness is definitely chocolate but everyone needs a treat every once in awhile right?  My advice would be to try new things whenever you can, look for new ways to spice up routine dishes, and support local farmer's markets too - local is always better, healthier, and just the right thing to do.  If you have any new recipes feel free to send them my way!

Today I am grateful for:  1.  All the new foods this week  2.  A few days off from work  3.  Spring time weather  4.  Starting P90X back  5.  Learning the value of trust

No comments:

Post a Comment