Monday, October 24, 2011

The Beauty of Faith....

After a 2-week absence from church, I was really excited about attending yesterday  morning!  For those who do not know, I attend Cross Point Church here in Nashville and I absolutely love it!  I know that there are many great churches out there so I will not declare that Cross Point is the ONLY one - but it's really, really good - I'm just saying!  At the end of Pastor Pete's message, he encouraged everyone to write down three things every day this week that they are grateful for.  Of course, I was so excited that he challenged everyone to do this, since that is how I end my blog each day.  I agree that it will change your perspective in life and help to make positive changes in the world. 

As we sang, watched videos, and listened to Pastor Pete - I was reminded that faith is really what makes life so good.  I was talking to someone a couple of weeks ago and we were discussing those people who are so intelligent that everything has to be explained or they have a very hard time believing it.  Although there is nothing wrong with highly intelligent people (I am not in that category), I do find it sad when they cannot believe simply because it cannot be understood.  The beauty of faith is the fact that there is something greater that cannot be fully explained but that I can trust to make the most of this life of mine.  This something greater may be called different names, but I do know that it is God.  The truth is - God is beyond our comprehension and cannot be fully explained.  But wouldn't you rather put all of your faith and trust in something much greater than yourself?  If our faith was in a human, there would be faults and therefore we could not fully trust.  But I know that God is the Creator of all and even in the midst of all that is going on in the world - He has a greater plan for my life. 

I do find beauty in many parts of life, but I will say that there is a connection that I make during that hour on Sundays that is just out of reach of any words that I could put in a blog.  It is energizing, cleansing, motivating, and beautiful.  I also experience those moments during the week - I do not want to come across as putting God's presence only at church - it truly is a lifestyle.  However, this past Sunday I was just reminded of how sacred a moment it truly is.  Maybe it was because I missed a couple of weeks, but I loved being reminded of what truly matters in life. 

I have learned in life that many people search for something greater in various ways.  I do not believe that a belief in God comes only from a certain denomination, culture, or upbringing.  It is often found in our own unique journeys - but I do pray that each of us find that faith and realize that it is a hope in things unseen.  Our life is much better lived in the hands of the One that is beyond our comprehension - that is the beauty of faith.


Today I am grateful for:  1.  Spending time with family and friends on Saturday  2.  Getting back to church on Sunday and being reminded of how much I love it there  3.  Going to Trader Joe's yesterday - love that grocery store  4.  Taking a long walk yesterday afternoon  5.  A good start to a new week  

No comments:

Post a Comment