Sunday, September 5, 2010

Remembering a promise...

In January of this year, I lost my job. Not exactly the best way to start off the year, but even in the midst of something bad, I had an overwhelming confidence that my life would be better off because of it. The timing of it was good because I knew that financially I would be ok to make it until something new came my way. Of course, this new "free life" is fun when you don't have to report to work everyday and you can spend more time with family, friends, and doing what you want to do.
I have been able to work part-time and am very thankful for the various ways that I have been able to earn money to pay bills and stuff. However, the last couple of months have been a little more strict and I have really been searching for a new job and trying to figure out what my new chapter would be.
There was one job in particular that I interviewed for and really wanted, but after waiting for that phone call, it never came. It was disapointing to say the least and for a second, I let myself go into "panic mode" and pictured myself living out on the street! Of course, I was being a little over-dramatic (which I tend to do from time to time) and knew that would never happen - but those who know me, know that sometimes the best thing to do is just let me be, and I will get throught it everytime. In other words, just stay away from me haha!
I say all that to say this: I consider myself to be one that believes in the power of prayer, the laws of attraction, and the strong belief that life is full of possibilities and is ours for the taking. However, I let myself stray for just a little while and the opposite of all those things proved to be true as well. This morning at church was when I really got my mind and soul back on track. One person got up to speak and said that we needed to remember that answers don't always come when we want them to, but when we are put in the position to wait, we must wait expectantly. Maybe patience is not one of my greatest virtues, and today I was reminded to believe - believe in the truth that God's plan for my life is greater. I was also reminded to be grateful - be grateful for the numerous good things in my life right now. And finally, to wait - instead of chasing after too many posibilities, stay focused on what I know my life is meant for and wait for that to come.
Most of this was summed up in a song that we sang at church: I believe You're my Healer, I believe You are all I need. I believe You're my Portion, I believe You're more than enough for me. Nothing is impossible for You. You hold my world in Your hands.
My lesson learned is an encouragement to anyone who reads this. When life is not exactly where you want it, and when the answers arene't coming as fast as you would like them to - wait. And when you wait, expect that the answer will come and stay focused on that end result. It's all a part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment