Monday, July 12, 2010

Practicing what I preach

As many of you know, I am all about pursuing your dreams and living life to the fullest. I do believe in the power of positive thinking, believing when you pray, and the laws of attraction. However, sometimes life does not happen as easy as we would like for it to, and it's during those minor moments of frustration that I am challenged to really live out what I believe. Things in my life are good and I do not have any major reason to complain - however, my life is not exactly where I would like for it to be right now and that causes frustration on my part. What I have been reminded of is that pursuing our goals and dreams requires work and at times persistance and that even during the slower times I must keep my energy focused on the end result. If I let myself get down or focus all of my attention on what is not happening - then I'm simply going to get more of that. I have also been reminded that focusing each day on all the things I do have to be grateful for, helps keep my priorities aligned and my mind focused on the right things. It's a test that we go through some times in life. And I have spent much of the last few months encouraging others to live out their lives more fully and to pursue their dreams, so it only makes sense that I would be challenged in my own life. So during this minor moment of frustration, I will hold to the promise that life is so good, that I am abundantly blessed in my life, and that God's plans for us are "to prosper us and give us a hope and a future."

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Bible verse ever! I have it engraved on a silver bracelet. I just go back to it time and again whenever I feel the way you're feeling. I start out each day with all of the things I'm grateful for, just like you're saying. I still hope for other things to happen in my life and I keep reaching for those things and praying and hoping as well. I think everyone feels this way to a degree.

    ReplyDelete